Worth buying a Wi-Fi USB thingy If i dont have any WIFI games?

neveragain

40th member of WFC.
Dec 23, 2007
I have enough money for a Usb wifi for my Wii but i dont have any Wi-Fi games. Is it worth it just for virtual console? but if i go that way do I have to buy the special control? I have gamecube controllers. and how much is it for a good game? do they even sell VC points where I live (australia NSW)?
Also do I need a wireless modem? im pretty sure I dont but the modems in another room then my Wii?
do i have hope?
I plan on getting Brawl though.

I would buy it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the vc games that you can buy with it, and since you are getting Brawl, that even makes it more of a must buy. The cheapest games are for the NES. They cost 500 wii points. (N64 are 1000) You don't need a classic controller. You're cube controllers will work just fine.

get a usb thing, u won't need a modem, the GC controller will work fine, and if they don't sell wii point cards in australia then buy them with a credit card or something.

Dkw0101 said:
get a usb thing, u won't need a modem, the GC controller will work fine, and if they don't sell wii point cards in australia then buy them with a credit card or something.

Uhhhh...you certainly still need a modem. You need a modem for any internet, period. You won't need a router, though.

I'd hold off on the Wi-Fi dongle thing until you have a Wi-fi game to make use of it.

dont get the USB connector from nintendo. they discontinued it. i have one but it doesnt work anymore.it connects online but is restricted from connecting to nintendo servers. you can probably get a router for the same price or for a little more.

u'll be getting a wi-fi game when u buy brawl, so u'll just be ahead if you get the dongle now.

plus u prolly will get a wifi game b4 then anyways.

thas said:
dont get the USB connector from nintendo. they discontinued it. i have one but it doesnt work anymore.it connects online but is restricted from connecting to nintendo servers. you can probably get a router for the same price or for a little more.[/QUOTE/]
WHAT?! youve got to be joking. where can i find a router? can I get a USB thing from EBAY? somebody tell me hes lying!

^im not lying im serious. when i said discontinued i meant that it doesnt connect to nintendo servers, but for some stupid reason you can still find it. you can get a router just about anywhere you could think of. electronic shops whould be the first place to look for it.

why would they sell it if its unusable?
do you have to install a router.
I dont have computer knowledge I have a life.

why should i trust a non rep *looks at own rep* never mind.

neveragain said:
why would they sell it if its unusable?
do you have to install a router.
I dont have computer knowledge I have a life.

i dont know why they are still selling it but its even on nintendos website under the usb connector section that it was discontinued. yes you have to install a router to your modem. also for the last thing you said, all i have to say back is ouch....:sick:

Back