Worth buying a Wi-Fi USB thingy If i dont have any WIFI games?

TortillaChip520 said:
to use the wifi dongle, u just hook it up to the usb port on your comp.
But their unusable. that guy said so!
also do you have to buy them from nintendo? or can i just get them from my EB(big gaming chain sells stuff)

i haven't seen them at eb games or gamestop, but if they're there, they're there. i've seen it at target, best buy, and circuit city though.

well a LAN adapter is the best for gaming, since lag is at a minimum, but it's still a physical cord that runs to your wii.

i dunno about the dongle anymore....:scared:

the wireless router is expensive, and since you know little-to-nothing about computers, difficult to set up.

neveragain said:
please someone explain what I should buy!

if you use a cable internet, then you should go with the lan adapter. with dsl, you should go with the router. simple as that.

@nic7 ive tried all that but it doesnt work. i put in the error code and it say that it can connect to the internet, but cant connect to nintendo servers.

but my wii is set up in a different room then the modem.their only a room apart how big iis this Lan cable?

neveragain said:
i dont trust you

WHAT, that makes me sad.here give me a chance to change your mind.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBrequirements.jsp

read the last paragraph in that where nintendo says "Important: The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector has been discontinued until further notice. As an alternative for on-line access, Wii and DS owners can use a standard wireless router, or for Wii owners, you can use the Wii LAN Adapter. Please click here to access the alternative on-line set-up options information on our web-site."

EDIT: sorry i thought you were talking to me.

as long as you wanna buy. it's just like a phone cord.

how far away is ur wii?? if it impedes travel across a doorway/hallway, somebody might trip over it and total your wii

TortillaChip520 said:
as long as you wanna buy. it's just like a phone cord.

how far away is ur wii?? if it impedes travel across a doorway/hallway, somebody might trip over it and total your wii

its not really that much like a phone cord. its an ethernet to USB cable. just a notice, but if you use dsl, you cant use the lan adapter. a router is fine too, but it only run up to 54mbps where as a lan adapter runs at 100mbps.

TortillaChip520 said:
yeah but the cord itself is similar

sure as long as you dont notice how much thicker it is.:lol:. well dont buy it if you dont have a cable internet because you need two ethernet ports on your modem and dsl only has one.

Back