Worth getting GC games for Wii

GC8 said:
k, well I just bought a controller and a memory card both $15...SSBM was $39 though!!!!!

im gonna find one on ebay for cheaper

That's way too expensive for melee... even at Walmart they are only $20 new. $15 used ate Eb/Gamestop.

is the classic controller acombatible with any GCgames?

I just went to EB and Gamestop and Target Saturday, and They DID raise the price of Melee... I'm like WTF? it was only $15-20 a few months ago

GC8 said:
I dont have a GC and was wondering if it's worth spending $15-$20 on a controller and however much it is for different games. I was thinking about getting Super Smash Bro. Meelee basically because I have never played a SSB game and everyone is obsessing over SSBB so I figured maybe I would prepare by playing meelee. I backed out at the last second because I dont want to spend $50 when I will be spending $80 on sunday for GH3.

So basically...is it worth getting a GC controller for my wii? If I do...I was wondering how long the cords are because I want to know if I should get a wireless one or not.

just rent melee and get a cheap controller

if you don't already own a ds and have animal crossing, i would say yes. that game is soooooo addicting for game cube and the game cube has some amazing games. legend of Zelda wind waker was great and so is sonic adventure 2 battle.

At Fry's you can get GameCube controllers for about $5... This is for the wired controllers but it's not too expensive if you're going for a controller. I prefer to get the cheaper controller rather than the wireless.

someone else asked this -- but can you use the classic controllers for the GC game? or do need to go out & buy an actual GC remote to play GC games?

You have to use a gamecube controller for gamecube games the classic controller is only for Virtual Console and some Wii games

cassieboo said:
someone else asked this -- but can you use the classic controllers for the GC game? or do need to go out & buy an actual GC remote to play GC games?

No, you can't use the classic controller for GameCube games.

I've tried everything I can think off, and there is just no way of getting it to work. It's a shame as it would probably be more usefull for some gamecube games.

Honestly, buy a wavebird - you won't regret it!

Back