Would you pay to download the internet channel?

ciper

May 1, 2007
▐▄█▀█▄▌
Lets be honest. While its cool to have a browser on the Wii so far it has been pretty useless. Without proper flash implementation and no keyboard support what use has it been for you? You can't even save files from the web (pictures or videos for example). The crashing and memory problems make it even more annoying.

Nintendo has given us no reason to pay for it.

Now the ONLY reason I can see that a few people might pay for it is the streaming media from a PC hack. The problem I have is this is merely a hack of a feature that Nintendo should have included in the first place and has no business in the browser!

No probably not simply because I don't use it very often, and I already have a computer.

Heck no I wouldn't pay for it!
Even though its just 500 points I still wouldn't pay for it
I don't use it that much anyway
I already have a comp
Although it is pretty cool to see full size youtube vids...

I would if I had gotten a Wii late. It's very helpful, for my mom and everyone in the house alike. When I'm on the pc, my girlfriend or Mom is on the Wii. When I'm messing around on the Wii and want to check something out online, I use it. I'm moving into a little apartment soon and it will be essential. It's only $5 dollars, it's like buying a VC game you have already played on the console it originated from.

sherwood3570 said:
I would if I had gotten a Wii late. It's very helpful, for my mom and everyone in the house alike. When I'm on the pc, my girlfriend or Mom is on the Wii. When I'm messing around on the Wii and want to check something out online, I use it. I'm moving into a little apartment soon and it will be essential. It's only $5 dollars, it's like buying a VC game you have already played on the console it originated from.
Why not get another cheap computer? You can build a pretty fast box for less than the cost of a Wii. Even better a used late model laptop. It can use a wireless card so they wouldnt even need to be in the same room. I got my mom a pentium 3 laptop for free! Runs XP and Firefox just fine.

I actually want to build up my HP a little, just for gaming advantages. It can't even handle most N64 roms :(. I still back up the Wii, the internet is very useful to me. I like it a lot.

004886_17.jpg

Honestly, I guess I don't have a statement backing the Wii's internet up..other than what I said in my last reply. I hope Nintendo or a 3rd party will develope a wireless keyboard...

sherwood3570 said:
Honestly, I guess I don't have a statement backing the Wii's internet up..other than what I said in my last reply. I hope Nintendo or a 3rd party will develope a wireless keyboard...
Logitech perhaps....

If I had to pay for it, then I probably would not have downloaded it, simply because I don't seem to use it that much. I am mainly on my PC to use the Internet, so I hardly use the Opera Browser. But since it was free to begin with, I downloaded it.

I probably wouldn't pay for it; there's no clear benefit of using it and it's very tedious typing with the pointer and on-screen keyboard.

I would pay. even up to 1000 points. for people with young children who are in the family room a lot its a lifesaver

No, I would not pay for it. I only have a small tv and find it very hard to read the screen, so when I do use it I spend most of my time zooming in and scrolling across. I can understand others wanting it for younger kids, which it probably appeals to more anyhow.

Nintendo did choose a good web browser so that gets a +.

Fallen Angel said:
I can understand others wanting it for younger kids, which it probably appeals to more anyhow.
Younger kids don't have the patience to use the on screen keyboard so I don't think thats true.

Back