Writing a Wii Review

Sepiatone

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
Hey everyone. I am writing a review of the nintendo wii for a high school newspaper. However, im pretty stumped on what angle to tackle this from, and cant seem to find a way to start. If anyone has any insight on this topic, I would really appreciate your input.

Ps: I do have a Wii, haha.

Last edited:
Don't know if this will spark any ideas but my dad plays Wii Golf and Wii Bowling now. He is 54 and the last time he played a game was Street Fighter in 1996

Not too hard of a task.

Do a comparision of the Wii with another system. Have a small portion that states the technical aspects for it, so that nerds in your school will have some interest in the article. Find out how many been sold so far (as of today, 600,000 units totaling $190 Million US dollars). Make sure you speak in layman terms so everyone can understand it. Tell what sets it apart from the other machines. What makes it great in your eyes. Why YOU bought it? Talk about features such as Wireless, Mii, VC, etc etc. Don't forget to be honest and add information such as Cons, and what could be done to improve it. However make sure you state that Nintendo will eventually come out with solution to 'most of the cons' that you will probably list.

If you do a tech spec, enclose it in its own small border with smaller font that contains the information. Give it a rating, and explain how your rating system is setup.

xbandaidx said:
Not too hard of a task.

Do a comparision of the Wii with another system. Have a small portion that states the technical aspects for it, so that nerds in your school will have some interest in the article. Find out how many been sold so far (as of today, 600,000 units totaling $190 Million US dollars). Make sure you speak in layman terms so everyone can understand it. Tell what sets it apart from the other machines. What makes it great in your eyes. Why YOU bought it? Talk about features such as Wireless, Mii, VC, etc etc. Don't forget to be honest and add information such as Cons, and what could be done to improve it. However make sure you state that Nintendo will eventually come out with solution to 'most of the cons' that you will probably list.

If you do a tech spec, enclose it in its own small border with smaller font that contains the information. Give it a rating, and explain how your rating system is setup.

i think you should write the paper for him!

Back