wtf how do u fish

coolguy

WII
Nov 25, 2006
Wii Online Code
4987-3084-2081-6876
when i fish i cant catch anything...ive waited for an hour...help

assuming that you're bobber fishing, that also took me a while, until i realized what was actually going on when my line was cast. basically, wait for the stick at the end of your line to become vertical, and then wait for it to sink into the water. you'll notice that itll sink a little bit then pop back up. whats pulling it down is a fish, so when its down, you tilt your wiimote back and hold it there. you'll start to pull in the fish, and then you're all set.

Shadowpunk said:
Dude,read the manual
Dude, the manual sucks.

phatboix91
I have done as you said and I still get no fish. I have been doing this for far too long. I have a few questions:

1. How far down does the bobber have to go before you pull back a little?
    • Are we talking completely off the screen or just completely under water?
  2. How long do you hold the pole back before you get the "fish on" message?
  3. How long is it taking people to actually catch the fish?

I am in the same bind coolguy is. I've been trying every possible way mentioned on the web including what the manual says with no luck.

I am on the reek fish. I got the first fish in the game by pure chance. It also took me a long time to get, close to an hour! I can't see this is supposed to take an hour to catch one lousy fish. I am going to be throwing my remote through the window and it's not going to be because the strap is crappy!

So, please, help!

1. the bobber should be completely under water, and you dont just pull back a little, you tilt it all the way up and even back a little.
2. you shouldnt need to wait for the "fish on" message, it should appear the moment you pull back on the wiimote.
3. the first fish took me like 20 minutes. reekfish took about 5 minutes, once i found where to fish for it.

The secret

I think the think that nobody is saying that is really the key is that you have to pull back hard *as soon as the feather part of the bobber goes under water*. I kept waiting til it had been pulled even further under and it was too late. Now I am catching fish on every attempt. Woohoo.

The manual didn't help me at all. However, in the end I figured it out. I admit, I used a walkthrough, feeling rather embarrased. But all the same, I did it. I was happy when my brother couldn't do it, and I didn't tell him. But somehow my father figured it out really quickly...

it took me a while to figure out that you have to keep the wiimote vertical because i kept tilting it forward a bit after i figured that out it was easy i felt like such a fool

did any one mention bee lava?
if not equip it to ya line
and fish should pull every time
:D hey that rhymes...

Back