Xbox Media Center

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
Has anyone ever intalled Xbox Media Center on their Xbox?

I was wondering if it's worth the trouble of downloading all the programs and buying all of the equipment necessary to install it. With XBMC installed can I rip burnt dvd's and cd's onto it, can I get roms?

Is there any other special features I should know about?

Thanks

xbox media center is awesome. you can play ANY video file or sound file. you can use it to rip DVDs to the HDD (only if you upgrade the HDD. the stock isnt large enough to hold a DVD). you can stream media from your PC. you can check the weather, you can set up an RSS ticker (i kept mine at the default xbox-scene RSS) and so much more. there are some emulators for the xbox but when i used them a few years back, ones like the n64 emulators didnt work very well but they may work just fine now. there is so much more you can do once your xbox is modded. its like turning it into a whole new system

Oh man, it doesn't even sound worth it since I need a hdd upgrade. How would I go about doing that?

Thanks Mitch.

well when i did the HDD upgrade, my modchip handled it all for me. im not too sure how to do it with anything but a Xenium chip but when i did it, it was pretty painless. just plug un the 2nd HDD in your xbox and set it as slave and boot the chips OS and start the HDD upgrade wizard. check xbox-scene for other ways to upgrade it

i'll second mitch2025.

if you're lazy (as was i) get hold of a AID (auto installer deluxe) disk
which does everything for you...it installs all the apps etc, or get
hold of Slayers autoinstaller...both iirc, contain XBMC although they're
likely to be older versions.

to the "hardcore" modders, these disks are considered the "easy" option,
but they do save loads of time and hassle......downloading and burning
all the necessary files from "the usual places" can become frustrating and
leaves you open to putting files in the wrong place.

it'll even help you partition the harddrive correctly...i used a 160GB
maxtor disk and this was partitioned (in the FATX format) in less than
10 seconds!!

oh, if you do decide to change your harddrive, i wouldn't bother getting
anything over 250GB as there can be problems with the "sectors" when
partitions are larger than that size.

Last edited:
Back