You non believers (RE5 Wii)

Yes, my friend I hope they finnaly release RE5 and DR2 for Wii the next year.
Now let me explain something:
If you look that Capcom did with the GC and now with the Wii, you can see they're working to improve and fit his engines to Nintendo Consoles, from RE:Remake to REarkside Chronicles you see a great improvement, this technology called ACM was using since DKC on SNES and later apeared in some GC games Like the RE series and Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Rebel Estrike from Fator5. I think this tecnology is the best to make photorealistic graphics like the xbox360/ps3 on Nintendo consoles and this is evolutioning, in the first games the graphics looks opaque, but in the last games the graphics looks sharp and cristal clear. The Capcom team are experimenting with some engines on Wii and when they find the best, they will use this adapting it to the MT framework engine and also supporting the Wii hardware, that is why REC looks like a xbox360 game and Capcom discovered that using this engine allows to adapt his AAA games to the Wii without a sacrifice for hardware limitations.
I think if Dead Rising:CTYD would be made with these graphics, today the game should has sales sucess. I think this technology must be the STANDARD for all Wii games and used for all developers to push the most of the Wii hardware and we will have great quality titles.
shut up.

RE 5 simply can't be put on the Wii.

Graphic wise there would be a small drop. stickmode is right about the improved graphics engine but it will never be as good as the PS3 or 360.

Then theirs the size of the data. SSBB has, to date, the most data put in a Wii game. They wanted to put more but simply ran out of room for the data. Now consider all the stuff in SSBB. RE 5 alone trumps that. There's simply no way without taking out some features, but that would take away from the RE 5 experience.
There can not be an RE 5 on the Wii. Period.

You do realise that the 360 and the Wii use the same kind of disks right? You do also realise that the Wii uses lower quality textures, that takes up less space on the disk? So there should actually be more room on a Wii disk then there would be on a 360 disk for the same game. Therefore size of data is not an issue.

Why someone would want to play an inferior version of a game is beyond me.
Agreed. Why play RE:5 at all when you could play the much superior RE:4.

Last edited:
You do realise that the 360 and the Wii use the same kind of disks right? You do also realise that the Wii uses lower quality textures, that takes up less space on the disk? So there should actually be more room on a Wii disk then there would be on a 360 disk for the same game. Therefore size of data is not an issue.

not true. wii disks can't hold as much as a 360 disk. if you lower the graphic data you'd still have far to much game data. just face the truth: the wii cannot play 360 or PS3 games. it has to have its own dumbed down version, which sucks compared to the real versions

Now that we've cleared up that it is possible to fit everything on a Wii disk the only reason why the Wii cannot play the same games that the 360/PS3 can is purely down to processing power. If the Wii can't run a game engine then the game has to be cut down to allow it to run.

COD:WAW is a good example, it used the same engine as the 360/PS3 versions but the cost of running the engine was that some of the content had to be left out (either that or lazy development).

RE:5's engine doesn't look much improved over RE:4 to me, the only real change being online/co-op modes. They could just reuse the RE:4 engine and cut some content to make a quick and easy Wii specific RE:5.

Now people may be against an altered Wii version but it could actually make for a better game. RE:5 lost any 'survival horror' aspect and ended up being just another 3rd person action shooter. RE:4 was more 'survival action' with a bit of horror, so changing RE:5 to something more like RE:4 could be a good thing.

The Wii already has the best RE:4 version, archives coming out and the Wii exclusive rail shooters (as well as playing the NGC games) so if they did reformat RE:5 over to the Wii then it could end up as being the best system for the entire franchise.

Why someone would want to play an inferior version of a game is beyond me.
seconder8.jpg

If they were to making anything remotely close to a RE4 or RE5, they'd have to start from scratch and build up the game with one of the engines they have available. There's really no way for them to port it over at it's current state.

Back