Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

you people need a reality check

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The_Loose_Cannon, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i think some of you are taking the lounge a bit too far. granted this is a "off topc" forum but the things some of you people are posting are just either A) sheer stupidity or B) taking the freedom of speech one too far.

i feel some of you are forgeting this is a NINTENDO BASED WEBSITE. yes you can talk about your day in the lounge, yes you can tell us that you just went to the store and picked up a PSP, yes you can even tell us about your pets like i made a post about.....but COME ON! the religion threads (which have FINALLY stoped due to me banning a certain someone), the political debates on illegal immigrants, "what does 0.9999 mean"? i mean really guys. i edit A LOT of things on this site because some members arent mature enough to have intellectual converstations such as "religion" and "polictics" it may be cool to discuss them, but please, join a POLICITALLY BASED THREAD. its getting on my nerves that a lot of you seeme to think we as mods are stifeling you. we arent. infact, we are protecting the minors out there who are reading your words.

take for instance the england thread. a member there was posting racist views and needed a quick dose of realism injected into his fat head. 3 members had posted him and quoted him only adding fuel to the flame (no cursing just aiding ammo). so, after a poster on that thread contacted me, i initially thought nothing of it till i read on and realized 3 pages needed to be GONE droping it down to 5 or so and an IP ban request.

so please, as a mod, stop posting such stupid things! and if you know what youre typing MAY be deleted, reported or even questioned then dont type it. its common senes to sometimes [STRIKE]shut your mouth [/STRIKE] be quiet

• Like Like x 1
  2. Axtlar

Axtlar Del fuego he resurgido...

Wii Friend Code: 7688-9638-8193-7668
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Go arrest some druggies or something

3. dakuda

dakuda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    That is the nature of a forum. You will always have posts and threads like that. Such is life.

4. Foxy

Foxy Super Ninjarator
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 3881-9484-9041-5848
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Yeah, I agree, not 100% but 90%.

People need to cool down abit and accept opinions and everything.

5. chach

chach umm yaa.... anybody here?

Wii Friend Code: 1185-8785-0113-8139
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    [​IMG]

Is wii chat running low on bandwith or something? Delete half the other **** that is useless i.e a million ZOMG i kneeeddd a pokemon eggz.

I do agree that some of the stuff is stupid but at least it wont get posted in the forums where there are actually topics being discussed. Now well see an influx of **** being posted everywhere.

6. mr_resi

mr_resi AKA:Skarecrow

Wii Friend Code: 1491-5330-6997-9229
    1491-5330-6997-9229
    I cant help but think this is aboot mehijacking my own thread :(, But i really dont get the 0.999 thing it makes NO sense :(

7. Scream

Scream President of NO MA'AM

Wii Friend Code: 0169-9501-5816-7969
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    By god we MUST protect the children from us!

8. adf3424sdff

adf3424sdff Guest

When I created the England thread, I never intended it to be for racist views or anything on that matter, it was simply to talk about what you like and don't like about it, and to talk about the improvements needed etc
    When I was banned, people were posting on the England thread with racist views etc and I couldn't stop that. I feel a bit crap how a perfectly good thread was/is ruined by this,
    Lee.J

9. hahahah youre a riot axtlar however im funnier when you get an IP ban! dude you cant wait like a few days till your sentence is finished? youre pathetic.....it wasnt even me who banned you.

10. XwiimasturX

XwiimasturX Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid

i agree with chach... at least all this crap isnt being posted in the wii gaming section and whatnot... i kinda find some of the useless crap amusing. :smilewinkgrin:

11. true true, they are in the designated subforums, its just wtf though. seriously its in the lounge where its suppost to be BUT its just so irrelevent that it lounge material itself doesnt even belong! see what i mean?

i know you didnt, it has nothing to do with you. it was around the time you asked me to ban you. i dont mention names. im not that type of person but those of you know what happend. i was mad at ONE person in particular, the others it wasnt their fault either as they were trying to "teach" this problem child. but even so it just caused more bad than good

it is. youre posting too much spam. this is a verbal warning. anything more you will be issued a no posting ban

12. Brawny

Brawny Anglophobiphile

Wii Friend Code: 5385-4035-7079-0395
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    LMAO....

:worship:...

meh, 99%. I still like my religion threads. It'd be awkward to go to another forum JUST for those. Especially after I have established myself here.

13. dakuda

dakuda WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    Where does it say that particular subjects are taboo?

Spam is posting the same thing over and over again. Or advertising. Not posting something that someone else thinks is silly.

I think you need to put this place in perspective. It is a forum about a gaming device, populated by (mostly) children. Take a step back, breathe, and relax. What I read from the first post here is that you need to relax a bit. This is the internet.

14. chach

chach umm yaa.... anybody here?

Wii Friend Code: 1185-8785-0113-8139
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    FIXED ;)

15. uhm no.

use common sense again. i made a post to i0n in staff chat saying that the religion threads were causing hate fights. i0n doesnt want them. THEREFORE the rules must be followed and enforced. SO what does that leave me to do? ah thats right delete and get rid of them! yes so smart!

so before you be judgemental, and hmmm seeing as how youre so familiar with the forum setup, what if those topics were in your lounge? im sure youd be POed. but what do i know again, these are kids, you deal with adults....shucks i must be wrong again

oh goodie i can use the wiichat "ROLLEYES" icon that we have now

:rolleyes:

16. mr_resi

mr_resi AKA:Skarecrow

Wii Friend Code: 1491-5330-6997-9229
    1491-5330-6997-9229
    Can do TLC, just trying to get my post count to 666 do i can do my name change :D (thats ok right? I wont get banned for that?)

17. King Wiired

King Wiired HITLER ME JEZ

Wii Friend Code: 8756-4872-6334-8478
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    I see nothing wrong in threads about Religion and other intellectual subjects, I notice that Squall7 for example loves the likes of a indepth debate about his views with others (such as Haz which I noticed they had :)), and I don't think these kind of threads should be stopped just because minority are ruining for them/us. If certain members are spamming, being harsh about peoples views and such, they should be dealt with (as I sure they are), but I don't think it should be stopped based on them.

18. see thats why i dont name any names. even so, they are the smart ones. but for every ONE smart poster, there are 50 more that come out of the woodwork to show off their stupidity. SO unforunitly they have to go.

and yes, members that do cause those types of problems often do get banned. so they are delt with.

so you can blame the bad apples for ruining the intellegence on wiichat. i know who the smart ones are.

19. dakuda

dakuda WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    I am using common sense. Reading this rule, which has the only mention of the word 'religion':
    Religious topics are OK, as long as there are no personal insults. Personally, I don't care if you allow them or not. If not, the rules need to be rewritten. A policy decided upon within the moderator section does not mean that everyone else knows what is going on.

We allow religious/political threads to continue until they degrade. Some never do. I am just using your own rules here.

As for the smilie, I did not feel like hunting for one when I already knew where one was. That is the second time you have mentioned it. Is it that big of a deal?

20. it was discussed with EVERYONE. when someone makes a post on religion i usually almost always write why it was locked. so they should know by now. its been a good couple of weeks almost a month if that, where religion hasnt torn up memebers. wii_smurf and ottoman are 2 classic examples (just to finally name names)

yep thats right i can mention it again if you prefer

#20 The_Loose_Cannon, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.