Your Favorite RPG

Shoko

The Shoke
Mar 30, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Wii Online Code
5295-8320-2788-9441
What's your favorite RPG? My favorite is Mario RPG/Final Fantasy X/X 2. My favorite adventure Rpg is Kingdom Hearts, followed by Star Ocean. Whats yours?

I dont have just one so heres a list -

Disgaea - ps2
Disgaea 2 - PS2
Phanasy Star 4 - Mega drive
Starflight - Mega drive
Shining force 1,2 and 3 Mega drive/Saturn
Shining the holy ark - Saturn
Panzer dragoon saga - Saturn
Ulitma IV - Master system

id have to say dead rising...it has heavy RPG elements..but if you dont want to count it as a RPG then id say Paper Mario for N64

There's no way to answer this game with ONE answer. So I'll list these in chronological order (when I experienced them).

-Final Fantasy 1 on the NES when I was 5...took up much of my younger years.
-The 7th Saga was one of the defining RPGs for me in my early years.
-Final Fantasy III(US) ..nothing needs to be said, arguably best in the franchise.
-Secret of Mana was fantastic multiplayer fun, and not too shabby alone.
-Secret of Evermore was the Single player equivalent of Multi-player Mana.
-Chrono Trigger ....See FFIII(US) this game was a masterpiece.
-SMRPG while short, the game had very great gameplay and good easter eggs.
-Lufia II Had great puzzles, upbeat animation, and a decent replay value.
-Wild ARMs was possibly the best RPG I played on PSX alongside from FFVII
-Star Ocean 2 I never got far in the game, but what I did play was awesome.
-Final Fantasy Tactics is tied for the best isometric strategy RPG, it's rival?
EDIT - Quest 64 was a very underrated and under appreciated game on the N64, I found it to be quite good.
-Chrono Cross was a GREAT sequel that opened ALOT of plot ties to CT.
-Disgaea. This game has such incredible replay/playtime + great characters.

After this, (and even in Disgaea) games started to be too much about the graphics and the 'innovative design' as opposed to great storyline (Which the Chrono Series has the top on.) And that's just not kosher in my book.

I suppose this is very out of form for this thread, so if I had to pick JUST one... It'd be the Chrono series. For having a storyline that forced me to go back and play each game more than once and then take notes at times to make sense of the multiple sub-plots.

/end

Gabbiani said:
-Disgaea. This game has such incredible replay/playtime + great characters.

After this, (and even in Disgaea) games started to be too much about the graphics and the 'innovative design' as opposed to great storyline (Which the Chrono Series has the top on.) And that's just not kosher in my book.

Yay for Disgaea
One of the only games where when you see the end you still only have done quarter of the game

While most people say paper mario i think mario rpg for the snes was better. i cant wait till it comes to the VC. its one of my favorite rpgs. my first rpg was ff VII and i think that was the best in the ff series in my opinion. my all time favorite rpg though is crono trigger its simply amazing.

Gabbiani said:
Prinny dood.

Do the prinny
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif
prinnydanceud4.gif