Your First job.

dam dude you are so lucky...i wish i could of worked at a game store....

lol...any discounts for you?

I started my first job 2 weeks ago. I am a checkout operator at Woolworths, the major supermarket chain in Australia.

I am under 16 and on new-employee pay so at the moment it is $8.31 an hour. After 12 weeks it will be about $8.90 an hour. Once I turn 16 it will be around $9.70 an hour, if I still work there by then.

Battles said:
dam dude you are so lucky...i wish i could of worked at a game store....

lol...any discounts for you?

yep...I get a 25% discount on games...and I get to preorder games/consoles before customers get to preorder

Wiily Good said:
I started my first job 2 weeks ago. I am a checkout operator at Woolworths, the major supermarket chain in Australia.

I am under 16 and on new-employee pay so at the moment it is $8.31 an hour. After 12 weeks it will be about $8.90 an hour. Once I turn 16 it will be around $9.70 an hour, if I still work there by then.

Ah, we get Woolies too, and they're very expensive most of the time.

You're about 15? That's insane, your posts show you're well more mature than that, I thought you were like 21. :sick:

:aureola: Thanks (I'm 14). Yeah, when I mention school I'm talking about Year 10, not University.

In Australia, Woolies' are supermarkets. Aren't they department stores in the UK?

Wiily Good said:
:aureola: Thanks (I'm 14). Yeah, when I mention school I'm talking about Year 10, not University.

In Australia, Woolies' are supermarkets. Aren't they department stores in the UK?

Woolworths Group plc is a general merchandise business in the United Kingdom. Its main stores are Woolworths, sometimes known informally as "Woolies".

But the adverts to ours has an annoying lamb and a dog in.

Not counting lawn mowing or other technical oddjobs, my first job was an internship at TIAA-Cref. I worked in the Server Management department and I basically got paid $10/hour to read books all summer.

Back