Your take on disabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
bonodo said:
hmm second grade thats year 3 isnt it..... so that means when you was about 7 or 8 i think, so you wearing em for abut 13 years? but not shure cos american school whatsit is different to ours

yep roughly 8 because in the 2nd grade is when we first had our eyes checked out by the school nurse reading that stupid alphabet chart and she sent out letters indicating that you need or didnt need your eyes checked.

so 13 years my eyes have been progressivly worse and worse. i started wearing contacts at like uhmmmmmm 15 or so? i got them when i started color guard in JRHS.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I dont mind disabled people.

They are just there, its not their fault, they deserve help and respect.

Indeed (Y)

Wiired said:
My Dad was classed as disabled because he couldn't continue working due to a car crash, which (I forget what it's called) causes his right arm to continuously shake, and because his work was on roofs and such, it was too hard/dodgy to continue. Funny to watch him eat cereal though.

Parkinson's disease?

Wii_Smurf said:
I wouldn't call what Bill Gates has 'Serious'

I would never call incredibly wealthy and powerful a disability, it's the exact opposite.

----

As for me... i'm not disabled as such... but i do have a mental listening problem, I block out bad things and totally ignore people I dislike... (talking totally ignoring them, no direct eye contact, no talking, not even being near them.)... i blame the parents - ^^.

i do that too- block out anything remotely unimportant or dramatic in my life. both things. its crazy. i cant remember certain things because i choose not to be reminded.

i also feel i got dyslexia but i was never diagnosed with it either lol. its not a laughing matter but the other day maybe its because i read and write from right to left- hebrew- that i went to order "broiled salmon over rice" and ended up saying "broiled rice over salmon" i have NO idea why i do that lol

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i also feel i got dyslexia but i was never diagnosed with it either lol.

A lot of people go un-diagnosed with dyslexia. People often confuse it with plain genuine mistakes...

I have a friend who actually got checked for it... eventually, school refused to pay for the test... but he eventually had it... they said he did have it after all... got lots of help with his GCSE physics coursework (Y) =P

the_flood502 said:
A lot of people go un-diagnosed with dyslexia. People often confuse it with plain genuine mistakes...

I have a friend who actually got checked for it... eventually, school refused to pay for the test... but he eventually had it... they said he did have it after all... got lots of help with his GCSE physics coursework (Y) =P

lol i more than likely am retarded and just do it but its mildly embarassing. i dont think i ever went through testing either? :confused:

my public school was wacked out when i was a kid. they kinda sucked when it came to diagnosing problems. they didnt even know i needed remedial math when i went into JRHS! yikes. i failed miserably until it took my guidence counciler like 3 semesters until they changed my schedual for the extra help :yikes:

man im so glad im just done with school! its been like 3 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back