zelda 64 Oot master quest on vc? Promo Zelda on wii...

White-Wolf

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2006
Anyone think that master quest will make its way to vc?

And some other questions... what do people think on being able to use the vc controller on gamecube games, or the gamecube controller on the VC games. I ask because to be honest, the vc controller doesn’t look well... ergimic, but i havent found any pictures of what it looks like from the back.... soo... It would be nice to have those choices. If not i hope someone makes a bios update or something, because its annoying to have to use 3 different controllers when really only 2 different types are needed.

I also got the collectors disc with Zelda, Zelda 2, oot and majories mask, along with wind waker, and 4 swords... all in one auction baby :), but it would be really really annoying to have to play Zelda: Link to the past on the vc controller if I play all my other Zelda games on the game cube controller. Plus what about save files? all my saves would be on the gc memorie cards while Link to the past would be someplace ether on the wii mote or on the sd ram. Can gamecube games be saved on the sdram and wii mote?

Technically, if the wii is smart they will let vc be used with the gamecube controller, and let you program buttons, but something makes me think this wont be the case and down the dark road of hacking I go.

One last question I guess… anyone think that majories mask will be identical to the promo disc? VC is on the wii while the promo games are on a disc with a build in emulator, and majories mask had a few slow downs and sound bugs, anyone think that this will be fixed on the vc?

Last edited:
I'll try to answer them:

Q) Anyone think that master quest will make its way to vc?

A) Isn't Master Quest a GC version of OOT, with different enemies / dungeons and stuff ? You can just load up the GC disc with Master Quest on it, and it'll play.

Q) what do people think on being able to use the vc controller on gamecube games, or the gamecube controller on the VC games. I ask because to be honest, the vc controller doesn’t look well... ergimic, but i havent found any pictures of what it looks like from the back...

A) I think it would be nice to use the VC controller for playing gamecube games, because I find the VC controllers to be ever-so-sexy. I'm not sure about Gamecube controllers for playing VC games though. You might need all 3 controllers.

I think from the back, it has outdents for your fingers to grip it. It looks similar to the back of the PSP if I recall my usage of the PSP. It should be fairly comfortable to hold.

Q) Plus what about save files? all my saves would be on the gc memorie cards while Link to the past would be someplace ether on the wii mote or on the sd ram. Can gamecube games be saved on the sdram and wii mote?

A) GC saves will be on GC memory cards. Since the Wii has a slot that is covered by a flap, you can leave the GC memory cards in there without them sticking out.

Wii games will be saved to the Flash memory, or alternatively to an SD card.

The Wiimote has VERY little memory, and there is nowhere near enough space on it for a save game. Wiimote memory will be used for buffering audio files, if I'm not mistaken.

Q) anyone think that majories mask will be identical to the promo disc? VC is on the wii while the promo games are on a disc with a build in emulator, and majories mask had a few slow downs and sound bugs, anyone think that this will be fixed on the vc?

A) I'm not really sure what you're asking here. But it's safe to say that any major bugs in VC, or Wii games will be ironed out by launch day.

thanks for the info, Im glad that the classic controler might have things in the back to grip, i was kind of afraid of it being not much like a snes controller, not that thats bad, but once you go grippy controller, you just cant go back in my opinion. I really wish nintendo would give a official awnser about controller compatiblity.

I think it would be much better to get masterquest oot for 10$ rather then 30 something on ebay. That why I hop that vc lets you pick your controller type. I will have to give the classic controller a try though, but i like choices.

I got the promo disc with the older zelda games on it i think to save money, but i think in the end, i came out even, but i wanted to make sure i could use the gc controller. It would be really funny though if i find out that i like the classic controller better though. Oh well, having a backup on disc is alwayse nice though.

ps, does anyone have back and side shots of the classic controller? I can only find ones of the front.

Last edited:
Back