Zelda: Is it worth the money?

kcuber

WiiChat Member
Mar 13, 2007
Just got a Wii today for my son and want to get him a game as well. What should I buy? Will he like Zelda? He is 7.

What else is good for that age?

kcuber said:
Just got a Wii today for my son and want to get him a game as well. What should I buy? Will he like Zelda? He is 7.

What else is good for that age?
I would not recommend a game like Zelda for a 7 year old...no offense, I'm not saying your kid is stupid in any way, but it's a fairly difficult game.

If he's a boy, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a great beat-em-up game; so is Rampage: Ultimate Destruction.

Elebits its fun for both genders.

Excite Truck could be either, it'd probably interest a boy more...

Girl game....girl game....<next> :lol: Seriously can't think of one, no girl oriented games are popping up in my head right now.

*EDIT* A girl might like Super monkey ball. :) And ya can't forget about rayman raving rabbids!

Hope that helped. :D

Last edited:
i wouldnt completely give up on getting zelda. I mean i enjoyed ocarina of time when i was between 7-9 so i wouldnt throw it out completely.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Elebits, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Sure there will be some other games that are awsome yet easy enougb to learn. like Super Mario Galaxy!

Raitings:

Zelda TP (T13+)
Warioware(E10+)
MarvelUA(T13+)
Madden NFL 07 (E6+)
Wii Play + Wiimote (E6+)

Rayman Raving Rabbids(E6+)

SSX Blur(E6+)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz(E6+)
Elebits(E6+)

i recommend bold & underlined printed ones

Last edited:
to go to your original question, kcuber (and welcome to the forums btw, even if its only for this question) if you don't want to pay 50 dollars on a game, i highly recommend getting rampage ultimate destruction. i think its 30 dollars or probably 25 used, so if you don't want to spend a lot, get that. otherwise, your son will absolutely love zelda, provided he can get some help or you try to play it with him. btw, ssbblover:
a: you still haven't added me
b: he said he has a son, not a daughter, read the post

FWELR said:
a: you still haven't added me
b: he said he has a son, not a daughter, read the post
1. You never asked....but sure. :)

2. I guess I didn't read it very thoroughly, did I? :p

ssbb_lover said:
1. You never asked....but sure. :)

well, i gave you a comment about a month ago, but i guess i should have pmd you :tard:

If you do buy Zelda, be prepared to sit down with your kid every time he plays it. This game, no matter how many people may protest, is difficult. It requires intermediate problem-solving skills and the ability to solve moderately complex puzzles. In addition, you will find some rather frightening images in the game (especially for that age). Ghosts and other disturbing creatures are often found during the game, along with some other rather "creepy" instances...(for those who have played the game, do you recall the part where the light spirit entranced Link, and pictured Ilia with a knife and white eyes?).

So unless you think your son will be simply too oblivious to understand even what's going on, I'd suggest waiting a few years.

Example of one of the less frightening parts of the game: http://www.n-europe.com/games/zelda2/54.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely don't buy a 7 year old Zelda. I played it when I was about 8, but then again, I was already a HUGE gaming geek with my N64/PS2. :lol:

Back