A Quick Little Rant

Sovieto said:
why create a pointless thread when the only verdict is to destroy the parents?
Wisest words in this thread.
Seriously though, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her out late any night.. however harsh that sounds, but as someone says, you see stories of rape and murder and such, and it would make you feel overprotective.

of course your girlfriend has intentions of rebelling but you need to realize what on EARTH is a 19 year old kid going to do past 10PM that you cant do earlier????? is it really that big of a deal?

let the parents be strict. dont interfear especially if the step dad is a navy seal. dont mess around with that. i can almost guarentee that if my bf and i had a child and our little girl had a bf that wanted to "extend curfew" i too would think its a sign of disrespect and lack of concern for my daughters wellbeing.

dont break up with her, just get over it thats all

ETA- are you supporting her? are you going to pay for her school and her food, clothing and shelter? if you were then you can say something. but youre not

chach said:
:nono:

Not until your married...

how 19th century of you.

Sovieto said:
why create a pointless thread when the only verdict is to destroy the parents?

LMAO

---

Obey the parents rules...

Remember you'll have to live with her (providing you get married) you'll have her mother as your in-law... and i'm sure if you don't obey the rule it will get brought up on several occasions

"I remember when *insert girls name* was home 2 minutes late because of you... i've never forgotten *insert drool and senility*"

As the title says, I was just ranting. I needed to get some stuff off my chest. That was the point of this thread.

As for the curfew thing, I would understand the 10 o'clock if it was a regular thing. It was developed to inhibit her independance from her parents though. She needs to start getting some freedom and learning to do things on her own. She goes to school in the morning and works til late at night. They want her going to school, work, and home. Nothing else.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
of course your girlfriend has intentions of rebelling but you need to realize what on EARTH is a 19 year old kid going to do past 10PM that you cant do earlier?????

She wants to have a life. She doesn't even have time to go see her friends (not just me) because of this rule. Most of the people we know are late night people.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ETA- are you supporting her? are you going to pay for her school and her food, clothing and shelter? if you were then you can say something. but youre not

Actually, because her mom has been short on money I have been paying for her school, clothes, and food. Just not shelter. And when they were moving and she had nowhere to stay, I also provided her shelter. Just thought I'd add that.

Is she living at home???

If so, she should follow their rules. If she does not like their rules, she should move out and see how easy life is on her own.

Back