“Active” Gaming No Replacement for Exercise

LevesqueIsKing said:
Thats why I'm dedicated?

Since it is hard to understand emotion in typed text on a message board, your posts seem to come across as being angry. All caps is usually meant as yelling. So, for someone who is much older than you, an angry body builder is seen as the results from steroid use, which in layman terms is called "'roid rage".

Alright, so I anger easily because of steroid use and/or the combination of puberty and hormones.

Super.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Thats why I'm dedicated?

You know, instead of walking around with a chip on your shoulder, arguing with adults that have their degree and are experts in fitness, you think you would want to learn as much as possible from those with experience. If you are truly dedicated and passionate about lifting, then be a sponge and absorb as much information on all the different philosophies of kinesiology and sports medicine. It's just disappointing that you guys are so arguementative to an adult with knowledge in the field.

You think you know a lot now at 16? You are kidding yourself.

I'm going to learn about powerlifting on WiiChat? You can't be serious.

I have a bodybuilding and powerlifting forum. I learn there. Thanks come again.

LevesqueIsKing said:
I'm going to learn about powerlifting on WiiChat? You can't be serious.

I have a bodybuilding and powerlifting forum. I learn there. Thanks come again.

Well clearly you're the expert...good luck with that. I'm done hear, I've said my piece.

Bumble don't listen to him, you know what your talking about and he doesn't, but he obviously is so stuck up about it that he's using his examples to compare to the wii. The kind of workout he's talking about is different from the wii, no? So you can't really compare them. I do alot of various activity, such as running, weightlifting, and pushups/crunches. But the wii seems more like a cardio workout, like running, according to what you said, so I'm pretty sure its different from weightlifting... i dunno why your bringing it up...

I think the point of all this is as follows:

The wii isn't a replacement to exercise when used normally, but if harnessed and used right, the wii can be used for exercise. Players shouldn't think of the wii as an exercise machine, but its not a system where you sit on the couch and do nothing.

Last edited:
You're acting as though I was expecting to get a heavy bench workout out of WiiFit.

My only point was that the wii is not going to cause anyone to lose weight.

I've read it many times, and it still puzzles me.

If this man is true to his word and stuck to his regimen as close as possible, then congratulations, you've proven me wrong. However, its very likely that other variables played a role, especially after seeing what kind of shape he is in. Seeing as though there is no possible way to prove that this indeed happened, I stand corrected.

The guy lost 9 pounds, I could have done that after a week of jogging, jump rope, swimming and playing some basketball with some buds.

GThwaite said:
The guy lost 9 pounds, I could have done that after a week of jogging, jump rope, swimming and playing some basketball with some buds.

Yes you are correct. But that dosen't change the fact that he DID do it with the wii.

Like I said in an earlier post; the wil will not replace any exorsize regimin and since the wii was never INTENDED or DESIGNED as an exorsize machine, then no one should think of it as such. That is not it's primary function. It is simply a new way to play video games.

But with this said. it has been seen that it IS a good way to rehabilitate stroke victims, the elderly and the morbidly obese. The wii has been put into nursing homes and hopsitals to help people recover from thier injuries. Why not? Any motion is better than NONE. The wii has filled a need, it has brought joy to millions and helped others recover from stroke. Why is that a problem? As I said before, I don't get the point of that article.

I don't understand all the fighting over this issue.

romj said:
Yes you are correct. But that dosen't change the fact that he DID do it with the wii.

Like I said in an earlier post; the wil will not replace any exorsize regimin and since the wii was never INTENDED or DESIGNED as an exorsize machine, then no one should think of it as such. That is not it's primary function. It is simply a new way to play video games.

But with this said. it has been seen that it IS a good way to rehabilitate stroke victims, the elderly and the morbidly obese. The wii has been put into nursing homes and hopsitals to help people recover from thier injuries. Why not? Any motion is better than NONE. The wii has filled a need, it has brought joy to millions and helped others recover from stroke. Why is that a problem? As I said before, I don't get the point of that article.

I don't understand all the fighting over this issue.

Its an online forum, people will fight over anything and everything

stumac1985 said:
Its an online forum, people will fight over anything and everything

Than it is a very unfortunate thing, fighing over words and meanings. Really, is it all so important?

Was I missled into thinking that this forum was for like minded people to gather to discuss their favorite hobby, which in this case, the wii?

I wish this was so, but in the end, I guese you are right.:sad:

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong, online forums are brilliant places, but all forums, be them wii, ps3, 360, car based, pc based, photography based, they all have stupid arguments started by 'keyboard warriors'

stumac1985 said:
Dont get me wrong, online forums are brilliant places, but all forums, be them wii, ps3, 360, car based, pc based, photography based, they all have stupid arguments started by 'keyboard warriors'

Man you sure got that right! I do noticed that people join internet forums for the sole purpose is to battle. I love you term, "keyboard warriors."

Back