All 3 Consoles

Jimmer1720

Awating Headset Support
Aug 29, 2007
Wherever you aren't.
OK so I have this friend, who now has all 3 consoles, a PS3, a 360, and a Wii, but he didn't get them all at once, and It seems he's only playing the newest console he gets. Now I only have a wii, because I'm not a bajillionaire, but If I can get a Job, I would get a 360, and that's it. But HIS PARENTS got him all 3! So my questions are:

1. Is having all 3 consoles stupid?
  2. Is having all 3 consoles mean you're rich?
  3. Is having all 3 consoles really a bad thing?
  4. And, Is having all 3 consoles a rare thing to see?

Answer away, fell Wii-ians. Wii-ians? How would you pronounce that...

EDIT: Added to list:yesnod:

hmm if your a hard core gamer and and your top priority is games, so you spend whatever cash you have on it, that wouln't make you really rich if you had all 3 consoles

no it's not a bad thing nor stupid, however i personally would spend my cash on more wii games than another console

it's decently rare but there are members on this site that believe in pswii60

I belive wiibox3 I may be getting a 360 christmas. Then I'd get Halo 3 and Bioshock!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!! I know I'm getting galaxy and brawl though!

well.. i don't think having 3 consoles is bad thing, especially if you play games a lot... it gives you a huge choice of games you can play...

Having all 3 could mean you have too much disposable income!

Jimmer1720 said:

I don't really think having all three is a stupid thing. I mean let's face it, wii is better for the more 'kiddie' games YES there are adult games and all that jazz but 'kiddie' games is just what they do best. Then the 360 and PS3 both specialize in their what ever their good at, like 360 and it's FPS games.

I don't think it really means you're rich either, I mean some people might have saved up like all their pocket money or x-mas/birthday money to get them if they wanted them that much.. you don't have to be rich to get them.

It could be a bad thing, but I think it depends entirely on the person. If they get enough use out of them it means they didn't waste their money, but then if they play them CONSTANTLY well then that's just a bit sad =/ But I think as long as they got a good enough social life and get outside every now and again then it's not a bad thing really.

It is pretty rare, what with fanboyism and such not THAT many people have the three but there are obviously people out there who do.

well, i'll be getting a ps3 soon (to go with my wii, i just hope the ps3 doesnt eat it) because i can get an absolutely incredible deal on it, and i've kinda been wanting one for a while.

so then i'll have 2/3 of the consoles.

@original poster- i dont think it makes you rich, but if your parent buys you all three (i know someone like this--- he asked for a wii and 360 for christmas and he got a wii and ps3, so his parents let him keep the ps3 and get a 360 too) then you're probably a spoiled brat.

1. no, not that stupid. I own all three consoles but the only reason i have all three are because of exclusive games (SSBB, Halo 3, Warhawk) and bad ports (madden 08 on the ps3)

2. No, it means you decide to spend your money on consoles instead of for example, more clothes, a bigger tv, etc. Having a half a million dollar yacht will mean you are rich, which i don't have.

3. Nope, i don't see what the deal is. How can it be 'bad'? Game reviewers should have all three consoles so they can review their games. Are you calling game reviewers bad? It's just a matter of how a person decides to spend his or her money.

4. Rare? Depends. In my area people are pretty well off and it's common to see people with at least 2 consoles, at least for me. It just depends on where you live.

Can't really compare game reviewers in this! Of course they have all the consoles. Do you really think they were paid for though!

Jimmer1720 said:
OK so I have this friend, who now has all 3 consoles, a PS3, a 360, and a Wii, but he didn't get them all at once, and It seems he's only playing the newest console he gets. Now I only have a wii, because I'm not a bajillionaire, but If I can get a Job, I would get a 360, and that's it. But HIS PARENTS got him all 3! So my questions are:

Answer away, fell Wii-ians. Wii-ians? How would you pronounce that...

EDIT: Added to list:yesnod:

1. No.
2. No. (Is>Does*)
3. No. (Is>Does*)
4. No. (Is>is*)

You're just jealous, whether you realize it or not.

I think it's lamo that parents would buy all three. To me that just teaches a kid that A) we'll get you whatever you want and B) we don't mind you wasting all of your time playing games. Doesn't teach a kid much of anything. Personally I can't justify paying $1k for some gaming systems+what ever you might spend on games, I just don't have that kind of time, but I can see where a person who is very serious about it would go out and get all three. Then again, some people don't understand why I might buy a BMW when a Hyundai will do. In other words, to each their own.

If one's parents were to buy all 3 consoles for their child then fair enough if they can afford it and they're not like taking up 3 jobs to buy them. Because if they can afford it they must be decently well off, so the child will grow up used to having expensive things, so whether he gets all 3 or just 1, if the family is rich then the child is bound to get the more expensive things in life. As long as they limit the child to how much he can play on them, and he isn't allowed to do what he wants when he wants, then that's fine. Also, as long as he didn't demand all 3 consoles, then so be it.

I think having all 3 means u have WAY to much time on ur hands..But hey it also is a great thing if ur a hardcore gamer, you go the best of all 3 worlds.

People could buy whatever they want, its their choice.

Back