All Things Hockey

Sharks all the way. No questions, okay.

Joe Thornton + Patrick Marleau= deadliest 1-2 punch at the center spot

Jonathan Cheechoo + Bill Guerin= deadliest 1-2 punch at right wing

Evgeni Nabokov + Vesa Toskala= deadliest 1-2 punch at goalie

enough said. once we catch Anaheim and win the cup, it's all over. anyways, i was gonna post something like this at the deadline, but i only got like 1 reply, so im glad this one is starting to take off, like my baseball one. anyways, go Sharks!

EDIT: hey, syntax, can you get me a sharks avatar, im kinda tired of my heatseeker one.

Last edited:
Will do FWELR. I'll post it later on :)

Oh and the Canucks play again tonight against the Kings. This should be an easy one :)

Here are two Sharks avatars I found..

sj4.gif

Code:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/CanucksForCup/sj4.gif

sj3.gif

Code:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/CanucksForCup/sj3.gif

Last edited:
Pens leading Atlantic devision as of tonight. 100 points on the season:cornut:

So maybe they're not a complete favorite. But you gotta give it to em this season for how much they've improved.

I will give them credit for that but if its down to the Canucks vs Pens there is no way that Fleury stands a chance against Luongo.

tank, ill give you sid the kid. that guy's a beast, and he's only 19!!!

still think thornton + marleau wins, though. should be interesting to see crosby and malkin in the playoffs.

thanks for the sharks avatar, syntax!!!

No problem FWELR..

hmm Canucks are tied 1-1 against the Kings.

Smolinski scored a powerplay goal. As for the Kings goal scorer I can't remember his name..still in the second period..

Syntax said:
I will give them credit for that but if its down to the Canucks vs Pens there is no way that Fleury stands a chance against Luongo.

I've been a Pens fan for a long time, so I gotta defend them. Back in the early 90's when they won two cups. Those were the years.

We need consistency in our goaltending. Fleury will be a hell of a goalie in a few years. We're for the most part a young team, and can only get better. He has some GREAT games, he has some OK games, and he has some flat out bad games.

Crosby and Malkin are not out only good players. It seems that anyone on a line with Crosby becomes a better player, because Crosby is just such a great play maker. Tonight the first line of Crosby, Armstrong and, Christensen scored three of the four goals. Armstrong almost had a second, off the post.

It's just awesome to see the Pens improvement. Almost doubling our points at the end of the season compared to last year.

::Edit:: Oh yeah, no shootouts in the playoffs. We've been the new "Cardiac kids" this year. A lot of wins coming from the shootout. It's going to interesting to see what happens when we can't rely on our shootout players.

I think we should get a bracket contest going. like March madness for the NHL playoffs.

tank said:
We need consistency in our goaltending. Fleury will be a hell of a goalie in a few years. We're for the most part a young team, and can only get better. He has some GREAT games, he has some OK games, and he has some flat out bad games.

Did you watch Worl Jr.s when he lost the game by shooting the puck off of his D-man? after that game I never looked at him the same

(when I saw the thread I was hoping there was a wii hockey game coming.)

hockey? Did you say Hockey? Well I play ice hockey, roller hockey, rod hockey sock hockey....I play 2/3 times a week (thanks to my very nice wife).

I'm a sharks fan, but honestly, I don't think the D is strong enough to get past the ducks. The west is going to beat themselves up in the playoffs, and I think buffalo (though I like the pens chances as the underdog) will come in fresh and pummel whomever survives the west.

ilikecookies said:
Did you watch Worl Jr.s when he lost the game by shooting the puck off of his D-man? after that game I never looked at him the same

I didn't see it when it happened, but I saw replays.

I mean, **** happens. He's more than made up for it this season.

FWELR said:
Sharks all the way. No questions, okay.

Joe Thornton + Patrick Marleau= deadliest 1-2 punch at the center spot

Jonathan Cheechoo + Bill Guerin= deadliest 1-2 punch at right wing

Evgeni Nabokov + Vesa Toskala= deadliest 1-2 punch at goalie

enough said. once we catch Anaheim and win the cup, it's all over. anyways, i was gonna post something like this at the deadline, but i only got like 1 reply, so im glad this one is starting to take off, like my baseball one. anyways, go Sharks!

EDIT: hey, syntax, can you get me a sharks avatar, im kinda tired of my heatseeker one.

Henrik Sedin + Daniel Sedin= Deadliest 1-2 punch ever!!!!

Trevor Linden + Alex Burrows= Best Forwards On Penalty Kill

Roberto Luongo + NOT NEEDED= Best 1 doesn't need a 2 PUNCH AT GOILIE

I can get some later on.

Roberto Luongo + NOT NEEDED= Best 1 doesn't need a 2 PUNCH AT GOILIE

I feel somewhat sorry for Sabourin who will most likely spend most of his days as a Canuck sitting on the bench.

Back