All Things Hockey

Bryan McCabe is out for 6-8 weeks..sawheet..not.
Kubina and Gill can't take his minutes, and Stralman is still too young.

And we can't win a game leading 2-0 with under 2 min left in a game.
Man oh man :lol:

JCpackers05 said:
i had a feeling that the devils were gonna get shutout...i didnt think theyd give up 5 goals. oh well. next up edmonton

Admitting it is the first step... I joke JC :)

Unfortunately, I missed last nights game due to work..

hahaha hey what can i say. the canucks played better. i didnt think the devils played bad. they just couldnt hit the net with their shots. and i only watch about half (10:00 into 2nd) cause at that point it was 4-0 already. LOL.

Man, the Sharks looked bad last night. Hope they rebound on Thursday because I'll be there.

Have fun at the game Fwelr.

Slightly off topic, I must say I enjoy reading the random topics/threads on the official Canucks forum. For example, recently one member pointed out that Morrison should be traded for little to no reason. The user later claimed that he was always playing injured despite playing in 542 consecutive games. Quite funny really.

Just thought I'd share this article I found while browsing another site.

Luongo Named Goalie Of The Year

Roberto Luongo rarely has a bad game, and his consistently high level of play has earned him the title of 2007 goalie of the year from Goalies' World magazine.

The Vancouver Canucks star edged Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers. The two other finalists were Sean-Sebastien Giguere of the Anaheim Ducks and Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils.

Performances from Jan. 1 through Dec. 3 were weighed by the magazine's staff.

"Roberto Luongo has been the most consistent goalie throughout the calendar year," states the magazine.

Gilles Moffet is the editor of the Quebec-based publication.

To win the award, a goalie has to excel in all three segments of 2007: the second part of the 2006-2007 regular season, the 2007 playoffs and the first part of the 2007-2008 season.

"During that stretch, Luongo played 75 games and maintained a .930 save percentage and 2.07 GAA. He had 57 hot games, 13 average and five bad ones. He also stole nine wins," the magazine said.

Only three other goals played more than 70 games in 2007. Brodeur and Lundqvist were in 76 each and Buffalo's Ryan Miller played 72. The only goalies besides Luongo with more than 40 hot games were Miller with 44 and Evgeni Nabokov of the San Jose Sharks with 43.

Dwayne Roloson of the Edmonton Oilers was the 2006 goalie of the year as determined by the publication.

Link to the article: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=225595&hubname=nhl

Second game this year... Second Shootout loss.

I hate you, Bettman.

Okay, in all seriousness, I'm just pissed because I'm having memories of Game 4 against Detroit, giving up a goal with under a minute left and then losing in the extra frame. :cryin:

CantGetAWii said:
Bryan McCabe is out for 6-8 weeks..sawheet..not.
Kubina and Gill can't take his minutes, and Stralman is still too young.

And we can't win a game leading 2-0 with under 2 min left in a game.
Man oh man :lol:
Thats what I was thinking :( It was tied 1-1 last night, Kubina brakes his stick off a shot, they come back and Lecavalier score's at 43 secs.
God whats rong?

JCpackers05 said:
Gaborik scored 5! 5 goals against the rangers last night, AND Sidney Crosby got into his first fight in the pros and actually beat the guy pretty good. wow. it was an extreme night last night in the NHL
Crosby's first Gordy Howe Hatrick. Good for him.

The Canucks beat the Dallas Stars 3-2

Looks like Turco and Smith's childish antics in the morning skate didn't rile Roberto Luongo.

Devils trailed 1-0 3/4 of the way into the 1st all the way till the 3rd where they FINALLY scored after 5 periods of 0 goals, and then they scored a 2nd goal 35 seconds later for the 2-1 lead that would hold up till the end as they put in a 3rd in the EN. the devils were just flying all 2nd period trying to get a goal they outshot the Oilers 12-2 that period. i honestly. probably would have broken down and cried if they didnt score last night. next up Calgary, tough matchup.

Another "W" for the Canucks..

The Canucks won 2-1 against Phoenix in the shootout.

Back