Anybody Here Main Falcon?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I'm having a rather difficult time getting used to him. First of all, I'll shell out the major changes for you guys:

-ALL aerials have been nerfed. They are now much harder to pull off, and NONE of them can be effectively used to approach, contrary to Melee Falcon.
-Recoveries [Falcon Dive and Raptor Boost] have both been improved. Falcon reaches higher on his dive and he flies past his enemy with a mid-air raptor boost, allowing him to now use it as a secondary recovery.
-Falcon punch slightly improved.
-Uair has gained a lot of importance due to the lack of usage in the rest of his aerials. Uair is VITAL to Brawl Falcon's game.
-Falcon kick greatly improved; less laggy, more powerful in close-range combat.
-Falcon no longer gains a second jump after using a mid-air Falcon kick.
-Gentleman is dead.

And thats just off the top of my head :sick:

Now then, is anyone else having the trouble I am? My main problem is that his game has changed so much that he's hardly the same character anymore. I loved the Falcon that could use aerials in any situation, and that could win a match without using anything but aerials. But now we've got to approach with his kick or smashes, wtf is up with that? I must say that I really like his Final Smash, but it still doesn't fill the gap in the rest of his game.

I feel as though I'm doing decent, but that he doesn't have any potential. I'm trying not to get discouraged because I know that things can change quickly once new techniques are found, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to improve my Falcon. Anyone have any advice?

Still trying to remind Falcon how to L-cancel :( Come on little buddy, you can remember. I know you can!

Last edited:
not ALL arials have been nerfed. just the f and b air mainly. d air still spikes and owns well. u air got a power buff. knee can still be wicked but its super hard to sweet spot... if you get it right you'll know cuz it has alot of hitlag frames. n air is a little better i've found

raptor boost was buffed. much more knockback on ground and mid air ones spike. and with the ability to turn off tap jumping yuo can spam up tilts like crazy. he's still good. just in different ways... still powerful you just wont find yourself spamming flying shffled knees all across the map. he more of a juggler and tech chaser now

No, they've all been nerfed except for Uair. Incase you didn't notice, none of them can be used on the ground effectively anymore, both due to changes in hitboxes and the height of his short hop. That was his entire game in Melee.

no they still can you just have to adjust. obviously they cant be used in the exact same way but they can still be used. air dodge entries into d airs work good sometimes i find

I mained him in Melee, and I, too, am having a harder time getting use to him then other Melee characters in Brawl. I'm good with fast characters, and I'm very good with Sonic now.

Back