Art thread

Nothx. I've already said on my dA that I really hate the eyes, and the face. I can't really save it now. It's a shame because I really like the hair.

Back_Muscles_by_Frogger277.jpg

But this is the crap I've been doing for college, that I'm currently doing now.

Well, this thread was never pretty active, and I don't expect it to be now that a lot of people have converted to the other side, but I may as well get it going.

This is a drawing that I've been coming back to for a while:

Freaky_Crap_by_Frogger277.jpg

The hair detail is beautiful, Emma. I like the right eye better (its shading fits well with the rest of the drawing) than the left eye. ... This wouldn't happen to be Ms. Ayumi as an elf would it?

Nahawh, I just made that one up. I drew the left eye first and realised "That looks really bad" so I didn't choose to take the right eye down with it.

Hours. I just started it as a doodle with my left hand. It was just the eyes, then for some reason I started refining it. The only things that I pencilled out were the basic face outline and where I wanted the hair to be. Ironically, the bits where I used pencil went wrong. I just decided to wing whatever was in the hair, especially the stars. Annoyed at how crooked they came out to be.

I'm doing life drawing though. Then my controlled test starts so I'm going to be doing a lot of work that I don't personally like. I might scrape up something in my February break. I'm not sure, people react weirdly to that drawing.

Guys, I'm what you'd call a cartoonist. My best work is with cartoon characters and abstract things. But I usually put a great deal of detail on them aswell. I don't mean to brag but, I'm good at what I do. But I'm now horribly HORRIBLY rusty on realistic things, like people and, I'm just starting to feel discouraged from drawing. :(

Take a drawing class or pick up a book, Bodine, although I prefer the former. You will discover some astonishing things about the human figure.

So I'm still bad at life drawing, Jack!?

Guys, I'm what you'd call a cartoonist. My best work is with cartoon characters and abstract things. But I usually put a great deal of detail on them aswell. I don't mean to brag but, I'm good at what I do. But I'm now horribly HORRIBLY rusty on realistic things, like people and, I'm just starting to feel discouraged from drawing. :(

Seriously, just copy tonnes of references after one another.

I really really wanted to be a cartoonist a few years back, but I had difficulty giving emotion to cartoon characters, so now I really don't know what I want to do. I liked it when I was like 6 and thought I'd be an awesome comic book artist. THAT WOULD BE THE BEST JOB EVER THOUGH.

DR.MARIO - It looks great so far. I'm looking forward to your background. My advice to you is to keep your values in mind while/after you create your background. Right now it looks like your background will probably end up much more bold in comparison to the graphite.

Frogger - I dunno about Jack (whoever that is), but I think it is VERY well done. No, the face doesn't look realistic at all, but aesthically, it doesn't matter. The highly stylized appearance (bold hair with exaggerated light sources, stars, striking eyes, etc.) gives it a different form of quality. I know you prefer to have more naturalistic faces, but just know that this drawing is still incredibly successful.

I am lazy and did not want to do lineart myself in Photoshop, so what you have thar is me drawing in pen. I'm also too lazy to create my own characters. I just wanted to do some colouring. I know, a lot of it is missing light, because it's not finished, but uh... I think it's pretty decent.

Looks fantastic, Frogger. =)

Your coloring is great and your lineweights are, as usual, remarkably clean and precise (You pulled off the perspective of the umbrella very well). Peach couldn't be any more cute. Only thing I wish is to see the bending of the arm appear to be more resolved, but overall this is good stuff so far.

Lawl, we have like 3 frogger drawings in the past 10 or so posts. We need more Wiichatters to step it up in art showcases. =(

Last edited:
I'd post my pictures if I had a scanner. Hell I'd post my comics while I was at it

Back