ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a backup job in case you become incapcitated or unable to continue?

Edit:LMAO do you realize you just double posted saying you wont double post.

Sovieto said:
ok regarding the story about the kid who took the early xmas gift (a gba) from under the tree, and the mom filed for some type of thievery, dose it also count if your parent takes away something from you thats yours? o.0

oh and since im to lazy to read have you ever shot someone? im sure this was already asked though xD if so, if you dont mind answering, did you shoot for the kill?

OOOOOOOOOK, parents taking away a kids tv/stereo/ipod, ect is called PARENTING lmao not to be considered stealing or "thievery" as you call it:sick: i hate to break it to you but if youre under the age of 18 (sometimes 16 depending) its not considered stealing. its stealing if say you live on your own. you have a xbox 360. your brother comes over and just takes it. hes lets say 25 and youre 21. that could be stealing if your brother is a druggie or something or it can be "ownership" LMAO! sorry but my brother and i are 7 years apart. he STILL takes half my stuff and plays the "older brother roll" my mom too i sometimes stay at her house and ill be on the computer or something and shell go to unplug the monitor and ill say "MOM IM OLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" LOL its parenting, youll be in youre 50s and your parents will STILL attempt to "take something away from you" :hand:

and no ive never shot anyone, and no we are not trained to "shoot to kill" ESU (Emergency Service Unit)/ snipers are "trained to kill" when in hostage situations not regular cops

Bulldogxx831 said:
Do you have a backup job in case you become incapcitated or unable to continue?

Edit:LMAO do you realize you just double posted saying you wont double post.

i dont have a set backup job, no but you do get 3/4s pay if you are to be injured and unable to work. sometimes they will put you at the desk or something along those lines.....im not too concerned about it.

and yes i realize im a dumbass and i double posted LMAO!:hand:

Byuakuya said:
have you ever arrested a friend of yours for any reason, maybe for drink driving?

ive given a friend a ticket. but they werent realyl my friend. turns out i went to school with their daughter. we were good friends. i pulled over her dad and he was being an asshole and i ticketed him. my friend never spoke to me again for it:tard:

oh well

Sovieto said:
yah but besides parenting say (just for example) you worked blah blah got the money and bought say a pack of gum then you come home and your mother steals it, wouldnt that be the same as the situation with the kid taking the GBA?

gum isnt a misdemenor, but if you got working papers and you legally went out and bought it, its rightfully yours. BUT you live under your parents roof. they provide for you so theres nothing you can do to prove "its stealing" its your mom.

with the GBA same thing. even though you bought it and its yours, its her house, her rules. its how it works. sorry i was a kid too and had controllers taken away from me, ive had consoles locked in a closet, ive had VGA cables removed from monitors, ive had the coax cable removed from my TV, EVERYTHING even though "i bought it" i was younge and it was my moms/dads house. thats that:sick:

rwhit_2007 said:
Not sure if this changes from State to State - my best friend is a cop and he gives me one of those special stickers for my car every year (I think they are supposed to be for family - he tells me to say I am his brother-in-law if I get pulled over).

So far I have only been pulled over once since I started getting them about 4 years ago and was let go immediately (not sure if it had anything to do with the stickers).

What do you do when you pull over someone with one of those stickers?

Also - Even though he tells me to say I am his brother-in-law, will I get him in trouble if I just say I am his best friend....? (I know I could ask him this, and have, but he always says the same thing - just say you are my brother-in-law)

before i became a cop, i had what was known as a PBA card. Police Benevolent Association. basically was the size of a plastic credit card and had my bfs badge number (or any other cop that issues the card to you) and on the back, it was signed by him and issued to me (written with a sharpie marker). when i used to get pulled over back in the day, cop would ask to see licence and reggi. as i woould take out my licence from my wallet, i kept behind the licence that PBA card (cops disrespect you if you OPENLY show them the card) theyd ask me the same questions as to who it was and what relation you had to the person. id explain it was my bf and the whole shpeal and theyd let me go. like i said its a union....its a brother/sisterhood. "cops dont write cops tickets"

we have stickers here too but they dont mean anything. the only one i had questioned was (because this is NOT a sticker you can buy online or through a Police shop) a Firearms and Tactics Section (FTS for short) sticker. my bf is a firearms instructor SO cops all the time would ask whats up with that. again id explain and theyd let me go. if a cop sees a generic sticker on it they dont give 2 sh*ts. something like that they know youre "legit"

PBA cards are a dime a dozen. cops abuse it and give it out to random people or sell them on ebay of all places because they are in "high demand" its stupid because WHY would you do that!?! youre shield number is on it! so retarded :tard: but yes, they want to know the relationship you have to the cop and brother in law, sister in law, mom, dad anything they dont question. if you say oh random person gave it to me they confiscate it or call the cop at his job (not a cellphone number but at his job....usually the cop will write their precinct number on the back of the card for questioning purposes) and then question the cop as to why he gave "insert name" his PBA card if he doenst even know who he is! :nono:

Wiired said:
Very much appreciated for the answer, with such detail too! :D. I'll def think about another question to ask :p expect to see me here again :)

youre welcome. i come with honesty and i give the assh*le remarks. i tell it like it really is regardless if its good or bad information. :thumbsup:

i dont mind the questions if its negative (within reason) or positive. everyones got different opinions on people who are cops. so if someone says F*CK DA POLICE! so what? theres another person right behind them that says "thank you for your hard work"

i used to take it to heart but why? i know that when people are happy we do are job i am happy. thats all that really matters. and sometimes that one voice thats negative can maybe make a difference and make someone think that "hmm maybe what im doing IS wrong" thats why im not offended :devil:

Darkprinny said:
Might try to become a cop

Screw it
Why cant we have bounty hunters in the uk im more qualifed for that

good luck! its not all that bad if it was, i wouldnt be doing it :thumbsup: and for some reason, i dont see you as the type of person that would be the next "dog the bounty hunter" hahaha no offense i didnt mean it like that:devil: haha

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
nope, no appologies necessary. i didnt read it offensivly so ask whatever you want. :)

if i was chasing someone and they were a suspect for murder, we dont aim for kill. we are trained to aim for the legs or arms really, sort of a warning shot. if after that and they fire back, i hate to use the cliche phrase but "anything goes" hopefully it wouldnt come down to that even though there is that "vendetta feeling" where as he kills people and youre glorified as a hero.

some people take it to heart and some need therapy after a shooting. im serious about it too. the NYPD has therapists that if you have sad or remorse feelings for someone you shot in the line of duty, you have someone to talk it out with and work out those feelings.

me id feel "sad and mostly scared" becuase i shot another human being but i would feel happy because i shot someone who was hurting innocent people. i saved a community and im a hero. its a double edged question sometimes. but it depends on the person.

like i said id be scared and first but then joyed because of all the people i helped save in the long run. thats what keeps things proper and orderly.

"never draw your gun unless necessary, dont be a hero" every morning we hear that at roll call. it saves lives and stopes "the robocops" out there from hurting themselves.

:lol: no im a jew we're already going to hell :D

im totally kidding, but yes, i am jewish. and i do go to temple on high holidays for "redemption" on yom kippur and i celebrate the jewish new year (rosh hashana) other than that, i am not religious or anything like that
Very much appreciated for the answer, with such detail too! :D. I'll def think about another question to ask :p expect to see me here again :)

yah but besides parenting say (just for example) you worked blah blah got the money and bought say a pack of gum then you come home and your mother steals it, wouldnt that be the same as the situation with the kid taking the GBA?

Might try to become a cop

Screw it
Why cant we have bounty hunters in the uk im more qualifed for that

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ive given a friend a ticket. but they werent realyl my friend. turns out i went to school with their daughter. we were good friends. i pulled over her dad and he was being an asshole and i ticketed him. my friend never spoke to me again for it
i say screw her friendship if she is gonna be like that. but then again she wasnt really your friend.problem solved.

Byuakuya said:
i say screw her friendship if she is gonna be like that. but then again she wasnt really your friend.problem solved.

exactly. trust me one "less friend" isnt going to make a difference. its one thing if its like my best friend and ive known them for MANY years but if its someone i know just from knowing them (like an aquantence) its no big loss

LatinoX20 said:
have U ever been arrested??

no ive never been arrested

Deathmetalmaster said:
I am in a brtual deathmetal band. (as you may have figured) My band practices in the garage when it is warm outside. what is the deal with noise complaints? Is this only valid after a certain time? or can people complain about it whenever they want. the last couple times we were at practice, they called the cops on us in like 15 minutes. this is in the early afternoon too... i ****ing hate virginia!!!!!

i believe its after 9PM but dont quote me on that. neighbors are a touchy thing. youre on private property (ie your house) and kids make noise. sometimes its distracting yes BUT youre not causing trouble. its no different than if youre blasting music on your stereo in your room.

its a touchy situation esp if your neighbors are real jerks:mad2:

i say rock on dude:cornut:

I am in a brtual deathmetal band. (as you may have figured) My band practices in the garage when it is warm outside. what is the deal with noise complaints? Is this only valid after a certain time? or can people complain about it whenever they want. the last couple times we were at practice, they called the cops on us in like 15 minutes. this is in the early afternoon too... i ****ing hate virginia!!!!!

Byuakuya said:
if you saw a corrupt officer shoot an innocent person and that cop didnt see you, would you report him?

:no comment: sorry that is something i cant answer

Byuakuya said:
sorry. maybe i went over the line?

no need to appologize, its just a question i "cant answer"

Hello I will be joining the Army as an infantry soldier in a week and have a question after I get out in joining the police force. I have a prior DUI for marijuana I didn't have anything on me it was just a driving under the influence charge. I was wondering if this would stop me from being able to join the police force. I would like to thank you for everything you are doing as a police officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back