ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenova said:
...That's... not that bad. xD;;

By the way, do you live on Long Island, or somewhere else in New York? Long Island's South fork is usually worse in crimes than the North fork.

im in the suffolk area-ish. i have little to do with suffolk countys crime though. im a commuter like everyone else who travels to NYC

Redan499 said:
Ever play the game 25 to Life?

hahaha:nono: nope!

Byuakuya said:
do you know of any corrupt officers?

they shall remain nameless but no ones blind ill put it that way.....

kissoff182 said:
Why do many cops take advantage of their status? They don't user their blinkers, etc, etc, and they turn on their siren to get through a red light; I've seen it happen. They speed even if they're not chasing anyone. I've always had a problem with cops for this reason... a good number of them are hypocrites.

i will admit there are cops that "abuse the power" and hell even im guilty of it! sometimes if i go to a resteraunt and i open up my wallet, theyll see a badge and suddenly the recipt looks like theres a "mysterious discount"

thats why cops are NOTORIOUS for saying "if its free its me" esp after 9-11.......code of conduct states we are NOT to take "bribes or gratuities" but no one says anything.

ill use a scenario, i was watching an episode of the TV show 3rd watch. theres a scene where the characters officer sasha monroe and officer maurice "bosco" boscorelli are in their squad car on the job searching for a toy called "oliver the onion" while looking, they find a toy store to go into. as bosco announces that he has to take a piss, he notices there is a "drunk" santa in the back of the store and turns out hes a wanted child sex preditor. as a token of gratuity, the toy store owner who is a little old man (obviously an independant shop) comes into the precinct to see sasha and delivers her the VERY HARD TO FIND onion. infront of her commanding officer, the owner insists that she take it. sasha looks at the commanding officer and says she cant take it (even though she is dying to) and drops it off into the charity bin.

towards the end of the episode, she opens up her locker to find oliver the onion with a note attached "from secret santa" we all know it was the commanding officer.....

where this may sound like a christmas dream come true, cops are not to take bribes or gratuities for "doing our jobs" but like i said, people see that badge and gun.....its a whole nother story.....

NOW! as for abusing lights and sirens and everything else.....chances are its a rookie. people with time on (usually 5 or more years) dont abuse that power as much. its hard to come by. again, we look the other way......it goes without saying "cops protect other cops" nor would i rat out my fellow comrads. once they hear you snitch, its over......

i frown upon it because what is the rush? suddenly dunkin donuts stoped making boston creame donuts? :frown2: but again, we dont rat out one another. its a brother/sister hood that people just dont understand...

in touch with the wii said:
have you every been attacked by a culpprate on the run and have u shot someone before

yes, i have been attacked and almost stabbed but luckly my partner was there to help me out. scary as hell because when he pulled the guy off, he was an "crips" member and had a gun in his pants. had my partner been a second too late, i could of been killed. i thank god every day.

the only thing i shoot is targets at the range. all my bullets in my duty gun are all accounted for and havent been fired at a single person. ive drew it a few times as a "threat" but never actually extended or pulled the trigger.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
"cops dont write other cops tickets":rolleyes:

its another double standard..............:scared:

Not sure if this changes from State to State - my best friend is a cop and he gives me one of those special stickers for my car every year (I think they are supposed to be for family - he tells me to say I am his brother-in-law if I get pulled over).

So far I have only been pulled over once since I started getting them about 4 years ago and was let go immediately (not sure if it had anything to do with the stickers).

What do you do when you pull over someone with one of those stickers?

Also - Even though he tells me to say I am his brother-in-law, will I get him in trouble if I just say I am his best friend....? (I know I could ask him this, and have, but he always says the same thing - just say you are my brother-in-law)

Nice of you to offer answers :) my question is (I'll make a scenario as an example :)) if say you were chasing some criminal, and while chasing, they shot and killed some people, and in return you shot him (and he died). Would you be happy that you saved the rest of the community from risk of death, or do you think you would have some sort of regret over someone dying from your like decision? I'm sorry for a sort of blunt/harsh question, but it could happen :) and just wondered what your opinion on the situation would be :D

Wiired said:
Nice of you to offer answers :) my question is (I'll make a scenario as an example :)) if say you were chasing some criminal, and while chasing, they shot and killed some people, and in return you shot him (and he died). Would you be happy that you saved the rest of the community from risk of death, or do you think you would have some sort of regret over someone dying from your like decision? I'm sorry for a sort of blunt/harsh question, but it could happen :) and just wondered what your opinion on the situation would be :D

nope, no appologies necessary. i didnt read it offensivly so ask whatever you want. :)

if i was chasing someone and they were a suspect for murder, we dont aim for kill. we are trained to aim for the legs or arms really, sort of a warning shot. if after that and they fire back, i hate to use the cliche phrase but "anything goes" hopefully it wouldnt come down to that even though there is that "vendetta feeling" where as he kills people and youre glorified as a hero.

some people take it to heart and some need therapy after a shooting. im serious about it too. the NYPD has therapists that if you have sad or remorse feelings for someone you shot in the line of duty, you have someone to talk it out with and work out those feelings.

me id feel "sad and mostly scared" becuase i shot another human being but i would feel happy because i shot someone who was hurting innocent people. i saved a community and im a hero. its a double edged question sometimes. but it depends on the person.

like i said id be scared and first but then joyed because of all the people i helped save in the long run. thats what keeps things proper and orderly.

"never draw your gun unless necessary, dont be a hero" every morning we hear that at roll call. it saves lives and stopes "the robocops" out there from hurting themselves.

in touch with the wii said:
are you a cop that goes to confession? like in constantine
:lol: no im a jew we're already going to hell :D

im totally kidding, but yes, i am jewish. and i do go to temple on high holidays for "redemption" on yom kippur and i celebrate the jewish new year (rosh hashana) other than that, i am not religious or anything like that

Hay loose can you use edit
its geting annoying/noobish with all the double posts

The_Loose_Cannon said:
me? in certain ammounts its fine. i dont smoke it nor do i wish to infact the smell makes me nausious (but ive got PLENTY of friends who smoke it anyways since it relaxes them)

i think weed is one of the most harmless drugs out there compaired to what other kids try/carry. i see someone with weed i just turn away and thank god actually that that is ALL they are doing!

ive studied it and ive seen the side effects. most people are responsible when they use weed anyways for the most part. never do you ever see in the news "guy kills wife while smoking weed" or "guy shoots weed dealer" usually the bigger murders are over MUCH WORSE drugs. :tard:

so i think there should be a limitation on holding for weed. in POUNDS oh yeah ill lock your ass up in jail, for a tiny blunt whats the point?
I never thought id hear that from a cop.... You dont arrest people when you see them.... NY has some WEIRD cops....

Major Tom said:
I never thought id hear that from a cop.... You dont arrest people when you see them.... NY has some WEIRD cops....

when its weed yeah. weed is nothing its just another punk ass kid in jail and then mommy and daddy bail them out. whats the point? wastes my time and theirs. sometimes i can be an ass and confiscated it and then toss it out in a different local but why arrest a kid? like i said weed is NOTHING compared ot what most kids are doing

Darkprinny said:
Hay loose can you use edit
its geting annoying/noobish with all the double posts

WHOOPSIES LIKE THAT?!??!?!?!!:yikes:

MY BAD!!!! haha- noted

ETA- i used the "quote" double post to reflect the question but yeah i can see why its annoying lol im rereading the same shtuff i just posted!:sick: lol

You can allways copy pasta a post into the post

Whoa that sounds confusing

ok regarding the story about the kid who took the early xmas gift (a gba) from under the tree, and the mom filed for some type of thievery, dose it also count if your parent takes away something from you thats yours? o.0

oh and since im to lazy to read have you ever shot someone? im sure this was already asked though xD if so, if you dont mind answering, did you shoot for the kill?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back