Attention Mods

Wow, this is the first forum I've seen where begging actually works...

Gymdawg said:
Thread starter here.
There was no actual begging in this thread.
I started it for a purpose. And everyone is happy with the outcome.
The only thing begging can do is play on sympathy.

Gymdawg said:
Not been on one of my "other" foruyms
but it was ather constant spam attacks that ther owner put a mod on there

Prez... I have a lot of respect for the way you've addressed this problem. It was nice to see someone try to make a nice change with a real suggestion, not 'U R TEH Sukz0RZ'.

Thanks.=) After reading this thread over, I'm sure the more n00bish members will be taken better care of.

*shoves them of a cliff*

Whitney said:
Prez... I have a lot of respect for the way you've addressed this problem. It was nice to see someone try to make a nice change with a real suggestion, not 'U R TEH Sukz0RZ'.

Thanks.=) After reading this thread over, I'm sure the more n00bish members will be taken better care of.

*shoves them of a cliff*

Thank you, I appreciate that. And I just hope that once the new group of mods is picked, that we will actually see a difference. Actually I think the new mods are mostly picked out already, just i0n hasn't given them their mod status yet, from what i've seen.

Prez said:
This board is actually fairly small, compared to others.
But even though we have enough mods, they are not dedicated at all whatsoever(Most, not all).
I have never seen more than one or two mods even online at the same time, and during a one day period, the majority of time goes by without any mods being online.
I do dissagree with you though, about the age thing.
You are right for the most part, but i've found that some of the older posters are the ones that tend to break rules and such, just because they are not very familiar with forum ettiquette.
For example, compared to most on the board I would be considered fairly young (16), but as of yet I havn't seen a single person (especially mods) who cares more about the rules, and making sure the noobs learn how to behave.
This is simply because I am a moderator on other forums, and have been for a while.
I hate trying to tell people what there doing is wrong, yet having no power to back myself up.
Thats why i really wish i was a mod here, so i could help turn it around.
FFS this place doesn't even have a Stickied "Forum Rules - Read before posting" post.

While it may appear that there are no mods online, there usually is at least one, usually two on most of the time. However, you don't realize we are online because we have invisible mode turned on. Why do most of us have invisible mode turned on, you ask? Because if we didn't, some of us would suddenly get a huge influx of private messages from users asking all sorts of questions and when flammers come on, they'd probably like to take a crack at us as well.

Also, I know you aren't being rude and it's frustrating not being able to help clean things up on this forum (trust me, I knew how you felt just a few months ago before I got my mod status), but it is a bit of a tiring job, especially now with the huge amount of new users joining (hopefully this all will cool down further into 2007 when more people have their own wiis), so we really depend on users like you to report posts/threads via the
report.gif
button, as well as quickly answering questions from new users and creating threads with good info.

I'm sure iOn will get to you as soon as he can.:)

NateTheGreat said:
While it may appear that there are no mods online, there usually is at least one, usually two on most of the time. However, you don't realize we are online because we have invisible mode turned on. Why do most of us have invisible mode turned on, you ask? Because if we didn't, some of us would suddenly get a huge influx of private messages from users asking all sorts of questions and when flammers come on, they'd probably like to take a crack at us as well.

Also, I know you aren't being rude and it's frustrating not being able to help clean things up on this forum (trust me, I knew how you felt just a few months ago before I got my mod status), but it is a bit of a tiring job, especially now with the huge amount of new users joining (hopefully this all will cool down further into 2007 when more people have their own wiis), so we really depend on users like you to report posts/threads via the
report.gif
button, as well as quickly answering questions from new users and creating threads with good info.

I'm sure iOn will get to you as soon as he can.:)

Yes I just recently found out about the invisible mode, and i must say I am relieved that the current mods actually do come online.
I also do understand that it is a tiring job, because I've been a moderator in the past, and currently am one on other boards, but I am really looking foward to working with all of you, and changing this place for the better.

Prez said:
Yes I just recently found out about the invisible mode, and i must say I am relieved that the current mods actually do come online.
I also do understand that it is a tiring job, because I've been a moderator in the past, and currently am one on other boards, but I am really looking foward to working with all of you, and changing this place for the better.
Cool, well with your previous experience in being a mod and good attitude, I'm sure you'll get a reply from iOn soon. The more the [insert cliche here].:D

NateTheGreat said:
Cool, well with your previous experience in being a mod and good attitude, I'm sure you'll get a reply from iOn soon. The more the [insert cliche here].:D
Well actually, i0n did reply to me, informing me of which sections I will mod, and such.
I'm just waiting for the actual mod status/power.
But i0n is a busy guy, and I understand that. Patience is a virtue.

Back