Apply For Moderating

Prez said:
Just to clarify a little misunderstanding that seems to be popular right now....
You guys are in no place to decide how active the mods are. This is simply because you don't see our activity.
Most mods use the invisible mode (appear offline), which is why you don't see them... (Most go to school too though, so that takes away a chunk of the day right there.)
As for the fact that you think we don't "moderate" enough, think about it this way...
Someone, somewhere, makes a bad post. One of us sees it fast and deletes it. You never see this happen and never knew it existed.
Point being, there is tons of stuff on here that you don't see, and maybe a tiny percentage that you actually do see.
The mods are very active and we have everything under control very well.
Thanks for your concern though, the fact that you care is very much appreciated.

Dont get me wrong, i think the mods on this site do a great job. ive seen forums where people dont kno what a Mod is.

All im saying is that extra help for those times where the mods ARE at school. this way there wont be any trouble. i dont blame mods, they do an excellent job, im not really blaming anyone, im jus sayin this could be a way to improve wiichat.

Just to clarify a little misunderstanding that seems to be popular right now....
You guys are in no place to decide how active the mods are. This is simply because you don't see our activity.
Most mods use the invisible mode (appear offline), which is why you don't see them... (Most go to school too though, so that takes away a chunk of the day right there.)
As for the fact that you think we don't "moderate" enough, think about it this way...
Someone, somewhere, makes a bad post. One of us sees it fast and deletes it. You never see this happen and never knew it existed.
Point being, there is tons of stuff on here that you don't see, and maybe a tiny percentage that you actually do see.
The mods are very active and we have everything under control very well.
Thanks for your concern though, the fact that you care is very much appreciated.

It still wouldn't hurt to add a few more mods who are on in the later hours of the day.

I see your point guys...
But remember we have different moderators living in different time zones and such.
We have eyes on the forum pretty much around the clock.
If you have any trust in the mods, or me for that matter, then you'll have to just trust me that we do in fact have everything under control, and we are not in dire need of more mods.

Have any of you ever been a mod of a forum?

It's more than just deleting spam threads. That right there (the more active a board is, the worse it gets too) can be a full time job at the peak time for active users. Mods have a handful of duties to keep themselves busy, so policiing the threads has to take a seat every now and then.

I mod on two different boards, one of which has over 23k users, and considering it's a site you have to be 18 years or older to become a member, you still have to deal with deleting this and that, moving this thread to where it belongs, answering questions (which is fine, but you wouldn't believe some of the most obvious questions are asked to a mod), dealing with "I want to change my name" PM's ALL the time, and so many other responsibilities.

Not to stereotype, but since this forum has a huge number of minors, I can only imagine some of the stuff these mods have to deal with.

I think a little respect, patience, and appreciation is all we should offer, especially when putting into account that as the number of Wii's are sold, the more users will sign up on this forum... in theory of course.

The admin and mods know what they're doing and how to take care of this board. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back