Contact Moderators Forum

Riviet

WiiChat Veteran
May 15, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Wii Online Code
3388-6355-5969-8398
With the recent issue of reporting posts, here is my proposed idea that has been used on a forum that I used to post on and has been great success.

Note that I have used that particular forum in all my illustrations.

Anyway, here's how it will work:

Basically, you have a "Contact Moderators Forum" (CM Forum) in which all reported posts are directed to in the forum a new thread in the forum. The forum is configured so that only mods/super mods/admin can view all the threads in the forum (ie the threads) and members can only view their own reported posts. Here's an illustration of what I mean:

forummainpagefinalrn2.jpg

Features Part 1

The following pic illustrates the various features of the CM forum itself:

cmforumthreadlistfinaldn6.jpg

(1) The reporter can start a new thread in the forum, use an appropriate title and provide the link and reason in the body of the thread's post. (example)

(2) Posts that are reported with the red button are automatically sent to the CM Forum as a new thread, with the title "Reported Posts: [insert forum name in which the post came from here]". Note that the forum which used this system had mods assigned to different sub-forums and so this title was useful for mods to quickly scan through the list of reported posts and look for the relevant sub-forums which they moderated.

(3) After a moderator has examined and/or dealt with a reported post, they close the reported post thread, which not only indicates to other moderators that the thread has been looked at, but also informs the reporter that a mod has looked at it.

(4) The moderator who has dealt with the reported post can also post in the thread of the reported post if they wish, e.g pLuvia in the illustration has replied to confirm and thank the reporter.

Features Part 2

This section illustrates the features of reporting a post using the red button.

Here's what the thread's format would look like:

reportbadpostautofinalzl4.jpg

(1) Post: a link to the post here
Thread: a link with the thread's title here
Author: a link with the member's name here

(2) The contents of the reported post is put here as a quote.

(3) This is where the message that you typed (to give the reason) when reporting the post is. This is the only part that you have to worry about when reporting a bad post, as everything else mentioned in (1) and (2) are automatically done.

Of course, this is just an idea and a suggestion and any comments or feedback from moderators and members of the WiiChat community would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
A great idea, but they would never bite on such a radical change....

It'd be something else the mods would ignore. report button does the same thing.

I'd like to see this in change.
Checking a forum real quick would be more convenient than checking e-mail.

it's only email?
maybe mods should get giant inboxes and a pm for reported threads.....

I like it riviet, can't rep though. >.<

Riviet said:
No, it's actually a vB forum, and IS do-able on WiiChat. ;)
Well shoot. Perhaps the Admin password can be temporarily given to a trusted and technical member of the Moderators group that will put forth the effort to make some of these much needed changes.

I feel like this board is on auto pilot. Its just sorta floating down the tubes with nobody driving.

Though this is what I thought Site Feedback was for? Yet it's complained that you should report a problem or PM it instead of making a thread about it. Though as Trulen said, I'd rather just go onto one section then have to go through tons of problems via email and then have to find it on WiiChat etc.. sounds like a good idea to me - could even be a sub section in Site Feedback.

Site feed is more of an idea place....kinda like this thread.

Dunno if SUBforums can be made invisible and all that.
it could be a modification of staffchat as well...although none of them look there either. ^_^

Brawny said:
Site feed is more of an idea place....kinda like this thread.

Dunno if SUBforums can be made invisible and all that.
it could be a modification of staffchat as well...although none of them look there either. ^_^

Sub forums can be hidden.

As for setting up a forum like suggested by the first post on vB, it would not be difficult. If someone decides to do it, it should take about 5 minutes to set up. I am not sure how many different user groups that are set up, that would be the longest part. Pretty simple though.

Last edited:
Vbulletin is extremely flexible. Wiichat has the least features of any vbulletin site I have seen, the only "extra" function I see is the reputation system.

What version is the board running currently?

i agree with trulen but half of you know my contacts on MSN, yahoo or AIM so basically you have your own forum with me

ciper said:
Vbulletin is extremely flexible. Wiichat has the least features of any vbulletin site I have seen, the only "extra" function I see is the reputation system.

What version is the board running currently?

Guessing, I would say 3.5.

There are plenty of additions to 3.5 and 3.6. I could link to many that would be useful. However, the only people I know who could follow those linke are myself and i0n. That is, as long as he registered at www.vbulletin.org.

Back