Inappropriate Forum Avatars & Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
It has come our attention that more users have begun to use sexually explicit signatures and avatars here at WiiChat. Over the past week or so I have received complaints from other members about people posting these images on WiiChat so I thought that the easiest way of clearing this up is by creating an informative thread on why these images aren't allowed here at WiiChat. I'll also try to address any questions that members may have regarding these images.

To start this thread off I believe it is best that we first take a quick glance at one of the forum rules/policies here at WiiChat.

6. Be Appropriate!
There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however WiiChat.com is not one of them. Discussion forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, discussion forum posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice!

The main difference between WiiChat and other forums is that the age range here at WiiChat greatly differs from other forums. For example, here at WiiChat we have members who are as young as eleven years old and those who may be in their early fifties. With that being said WiiChat can be seen as a family forum. Now in order to keep this a family forum we must take certain precautions in order to keep it that way. Which is why inappropriate images aren't allowed to be posted in either forum signatures and or avatars.

What is considered as an inappropriate image?

When it comes to inappropriate images we mainly classify them as images which are sexually suggestive. For example, images which show a girl or guy wearing little to nothing would be considered inappropriate. As mentioned above in the forum rules/policies these images aren't allowed here at WiiChat and we, the staff, intend to keep it that way.

What about racist images

Members who have posted racist images in their signature or avatar will most likely receive a harsher punishment for doing so. For example, if a member was to post a picture of an avatar or signature which relates to racism they will most likely receive a warning from one of the moderators for doing so. If it were to happen again after being warned the user would then most likely receive a ban which the moderators feel appropriate. In most cases, the ban would most likely be longer than that of a ban received for reposting an inappropriate image. However, it depends on what image was posted and the circumstance of the situation.

What will happen if I have an inappropriate image in my signature and or avatar?

If you have an inappropriate image in your signature and or avatar you will have it removed. In some cases you may not receive a warning and the moderator will replace it with a generic forum avatar. If after having the inappropriate image removed by a moderator and you decide to post it again you may receive a ban for doing so.

How do I report someone who has an inappropriate image posted in their signature or avatar?

If you'd like to report a member who you feel has an inappropriate image in their avatar and or signature send a private message to one of the moderators regarding that said user and they will take care of it.

What is allowed?

Images of men and women are allowed. As long as their not sexually suggestive and or explicit they should be fine. For example, an avatar of a male/female character from a popular game or show is allowed.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy here at WiiChat feel free to ask by sending a private message to one of the current staff here at WiiChat or by replying to this thread.

Note: This also applies to drug & alcohol related images and signatures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back