Battle For The Smash Ball! MAJOR Tournament!

MKDS_PoKE

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2008
BFSB
Battle For The Smash Ball Tournament

Before reading, MODS PLEASE READ THIS, this thread is not a registration or sign up. It will display a future tournament that will be started in the future. We are currently thinking of what the public thinks about this. THIS IS NOT A TOURNAMENT THREAD. It is a pre-tournament thread. As I said, I want to see what the public has to say. This tournament will commence in the future though.

What I'm planning is hosting a huge tournament hosted by my site, http://www.Smashball.co.nr , but on other major sites! It will consist of 64 people. Me and the tournament director (if you can manage tournaments, we greatly appreciate if you could contact. We need more than 1) are currently discussing this tournament, it's rules, and more!

This will include many sites. Though, few I will post an actual sign up thread. If your site is not a smash only site and is an all "video gaming" site, I may not post an official sign up thread. But I will post a thread at http://www.SmashBall.co.nr just for general sign ups from everywhere.

To keep in mind, if your good at directing tournaments, please contact me as we may need a new tournament director. Help if you can, and we possibly will need judges.

Sites I'm Attempting To Include (some aren't very "big", but are good communities):

NSider 2
Smash Boards (Thread will be posted again in March)
Brawl Central
Friendcodes
Smash Bros Fansite
One Click Wi-Fi

and more! Have any suggestions on this? PM.

Now with this list, I will try to post a sign up thread in all of these sites. Please keep in mind that their are only 64 spots. Meaning that you can't just sit their and expect your spot. I will not reserve spots either. If I forget to post a sign up thread at one of these sites, their will be a sign up thread at http://www.Smashball.co.nr as well. So you can sign up at that, BUT, at major sites like Smash Boards, you can sign up their as well.

Current Rules That MAY Change:

Basic Rules, Sportsmanship, Truthful

-Single Elimination
-1vs1
-64 Competitors
-Best 2 out of 3
-Contacting The Opponent Days Before The Battle
-3 Stocks
-No Items (Except the Smash Ball)
-Good Sportsmanship, Respect, Truthful Results
-Take a pic of the results screen with a camera (more info below)

This will help all those stupid lies. But we will not need to do so if both just tell the truth. Making it go faster, without having to take out a camera.

All we ask is to have good Sportsmanship. Do not LIE that you win or not. If such a thing happens, we will get a judge in their. By judges, I mean people who go into a 3 way battle. The other 2 fight it out while you commit suicide. You then see the results of the Tournament. We will need judges in the event in which 2 people lie about the results, such as both saying they won and it results into a fight. We will instead do this.

The Judges, and information on becoming one:

http://smashball.forumn.net/tournaments-f20/bfsb-judges-sign-ups-t111.htm

The Rounds, Date, Timing

The time should be at a reasonable time for all. Maybe... 11:00 AM Pacific time? That is if it's spring break. Should give time for people to wake up in the morning and warm up, eat, etc.

Now the date, possibly Spring Break? We want to give people enough time to unlock and main their characters they choose to use. Get use to the vibe, an allow people to learn the techniques of the game. We are will unsure about this. We need to choose a date where people CAN play without anything interfering such as school work and such. If that doesn't happen though, I'll probably have to schedule 3 rounds each week, 1 round on Friday, another Saturday, and another Sunday.

Anyone got the date for spring break? PM please.

With 64 people and 1vs1, it's 6 rounds in total, so:

2 days for round 1
1 day for round 2
1 day for round 3
1 day for round 4
1 day for round 5
1 day for round 6

Making it good. 2 days for round 1 you ask? Well, since it will be the first round, and their are many people, it WILL get complicated. Trust me. Drop outs, post poned times, wi-fi errors, and more. Clarification could take hours for all we know. Anyway, results will be posted each day after every round is done, or when every round is completed anyway. We may change these days not in the same day order, but possibly 3 days on 1 week, and another 3 days on another week. We are not sure of this.

I'll make a official thread displaying the final rules, date, time, etc. BUT, this thread will not be the sign up thread. It will show WHEN the sign up thread will be available. I will post this sign up thread 2 or 3, or maybe 1 day before the tournament begins. Why? This will prevent tournament drop outs. Most do not do this, but if I do do this, the more people, and less drop outs will come to the tournament.

People will have to present the following info:

-Wi-Fi Name
-Wi-Fi F/C
-Contact Info:
-Wii Number
-Site Your Playing/Repping

Thus meaning that not just contacting via PM, but if you have any IM service, use that as well as it will get communication out their easier.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND. At the beginning of this thread, you saw the links to other sites that will be included. THOSE WILL BE THE ONLY SITES WHICH I WILL BE POSTING AN OFFICIAL SIGN UP THREAD. IF I POSTED THIS THREAD ON A SITE AND THAT SITE ISN'T ON THAT ABOVE LIST, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO UNFORTUNUTELY SIGN UP AT ONE OF THE OTHER SITES, OR http://www.smashball.co.nr

IRC Chat

I will be setting up a IRC Channel chatroom regarding the tournament as well for easier communication.

Wi-fi Support

This could definitely be an issue. Not compadible to your opponent, lagging during gameplay, and maybe even more! We hope we can get through this part of the tournament with peace.

Recordization, Brackets, Submitting Results

The records will be stored by me. I will store everything. From results, round match ups (I will randomly make), sign ups, an contact info/f/c info. As for the brackets, yes, they will be random.

When you submit your results, I expect a results screen from only ONE of the 2 competitors. Meaning that one of you must agree on taking the pic. If not, then please TRUTHFULLY give who won. First up, after the battle, you AND the opponent must confirm the results. Meaning I should receive 2 PM's regarding the win/loss of the battle. 1 containing the pic, or both. Or the truthful results.

Stages, Final Clarification

We will legalize the stages once they are broken not broken. Once done, we will then set the official stages. After this thread, their will be a confirmation thread, then after another one before the tournament starts. Then after will be the sign ups thread. Then, the real tournament will begin.

Items

Their will only be 1 item allowed, and that is the smash ball. Its the "Battle for the Smash Ball," is it not?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Suggestions? Comments? Objections? You a tournament manager? Please post and discuss. Anything you wish to add, I may consider.

Any objections to anything here? Please due tell. I'd like the tournament to be one that is liked, rather than disliked.

Last edited:
I'm interested, though you might want to wait till a time closer to the release date due to what the mods might think about this. I'm happy to help you, however.

dude, nice idea. we have 2 tournies now, but i have got to be honest, this one is better than the old one. this guy had it planned perfectly.
wow. thumbs up.
if we only want one, the other tourney's site should combine with this one, or be set at different schedule.
but yea. great idea.

Thanks for the support. Let's hope the mod understands. If you decide to lock, please PM before to allow me to explain. Anyway, this is a "pre-tournament" impressions thread. I want to know what the public thinks. Anyhow, The real thing will start about a month after the release giving people time to get used to the game.

Thank you. Any opinions on the stages? Should I wait and see if anything is broken, or decide now?

The mods are gonna hae to make a Tournament section soon:lol:
We have a wiichat tournament for brawl primarily. (that one belongs to Mingus)

BTY what is the prize?

I love it! It's a really cool idea. You and Mingus should get to talking though. Make sure that there's no problems...

The mods already stickied his tournament thread. Plus it isnt helpful or considerate posting a thread about this in Mingu's homepage for his tournament.

PoKE, as to your question about stages, just wait till they're all released. But, I agree that you should talk with the mods so that there are no conflicts with Mingu's tournament.

Ok guys, now we wait. Soon, Japanese strategy guide will be trasnlated. (It's already been released). Meaning some new things in store for us! Possibly tourney change rules? We'll see.

MKDS_PoKE said:
Ok guys, now we wait. Soon, Japanese strategy guide will be trasnlated. (It's already been released). Meaning some new things in store for us! Possibly tourney change rules? We'll see.
Awesome, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up, I'll stay alert for a translation. :)

I have no problem with him posting around. I think he actually posted the same thread on my own site, lol. I've thought about, I'm sure there are thousands of people looking around for a tournament. We shouldn't run into any conflict. I'd only suggest you get permission for posting links as it's against site rules. I had to ask a mod before doing it. You may have gone under the radar but I wouldn't want this getting deleted without you knowing why.

BTW, nice tournament name. It's clever.

Thanks for the suggestions and compliments. Anybody know if spectator mode is F/C compadible?

Back