bought an atari

Heck yeah, had it and it kicked some ass.. game systems are about playability / game play, not graphics. Play that system Chuck Norris style, have some fun, when your tired of it store it nicely and you'll get your $ back and then some.. cheers!!

i'm anal about storing it, it barely sees any dust. i do have berserk btw, took a while to relearn from 25 years ago.

since enough are still interested, here's my full list so far:

berserk, plaque attack
space invaders, defender
baseball, pole position
adventure, asteroids
armor ambush, astroblast
phoenix, pitfall II
super breakout, warlords
swordquest: earthworld
adventures of tron
pressure cooker, centipede
joust, river raid, sky jinks
missile command, yars' revenge
word zapper, space attack
combat, keystone kapers

i have a friend who otherwise stinks at video games he but has most of my house records for atari. 209199 pts for yars' revenge is pretty damn good, it took nearly an hour, but fun to watch.

Last edited:
wow i guess soon yull have a huge collection of Atari games that you will have to insure lol.

Buy this for it.
atari-halo3.gif

yeah i'm at the point where i really need to start buying from the internet. don't know much about homebrew though (r u listening Dprinny?)

nice try ;) no one said "tea bag your enemy" back in 1980 lulz

yeah i'm at the point where i really need to start buying from the internet. don't know much about homebrew though (r u listening Dprinny?)
Homebrew you say..............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVGbI0kLO0
(18 seconds in to see something only a nerd will make)
TBH a lot of Homebrew stuff can only be ran in emulation, but there are ways of playing roms on a 2600 (theres a flash card for it) and most of them are pants, truth be said theres a lot of pants on the Atari 2600/VCS its just that the gems shine threw them like a torch in a pile of pants.

BTW
Warlords + four people + alcohol = One of the best multiplayer games in existence and its a pick up and play unlike other ones that people say are the best (Halo isnt pick up and play)
Combat>Halo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK1TmkqN6wU
(2.55 at that vid cant be arsed to do the URL editing thing to make it start at that time)

thank you. i have warlords ($3 woo) but it's pointless to invest in a second set of paddles as it's very hard to find 3 other people mildly interested in atari. one friend will play, we just take out the dumb AI first and battle it out head to head.

To bad, its really at its best in four player

You can play it with just the two of you (two "Bats" each), but trust me its not as fun

I miss Atari... sadly I never owned one, just played one. You were weren't kidding about the banning thing were you, Dprinny? You're really attached to classics aren't you?

i doubt if prinnys' wii is even plugged in now, but topic derailment is inevitable :biggrin5:

Last edited:
I hear many people store their Wii's in their closets. There would probably be more than just his that are unplugged. I use mine for internet.

I remember playing pitfall and felt it was very innovative for something that wasn't even remotely realistic on the Atari 2600. Run, jump, Grab a vine, and crocs would jump at you, and climb down a ladder.

Back