Cable to play with 2 TV screens

Bigred said:
No you can't!!!
1. The wii is not a computer
2. The wii does not have the necessary drivers
3. The wii does not have the processing power. It can barely do one screen... let alone 2...??

I see what your saying and in theory it should work, however, you don't have the technical knowledge to see the faults.

In order to do what he wants, the wii would have to simultaneously compute the screens and send them to the T.V. It is not impossible, and can be done IF THE SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO. However, it is not. Trust me on this, you can't do it...
And you don't understand my diagram:

Wii AV input into Capture Card IN a standalone COMPUTER/LAPTOP then use that to span it to 2 monitors while splitting it in half.

Belarr said:
And you don't understand my diagram:

Wii AV input into Capture Card IN a standalone COMPUTER/LAPTOP then use that to span it to 2 monitors while splitting it in half.
It will not work, end of discussion. If you want to get into a very technical argument and then lose in disgrace, I'd be happy to accomodate you.

Last edited:
YEsssss you cannnnNN!!!!!!!! :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:
We do it all the time with video devices at our organization using ONE composite output for presentations. Now I will agree that it will not chop the split screen of a game exactly. You basically do some manual resizing. Just because you have never done it does not mean it cannot be done.

It will not work, end of discussion. If you want to get into a very technical argument and then lose in disgrace, I'd be happy to accomodate you.

Sorry but you're wrong mate, there is no reason at all a computer couldn't cut a video input into two and send these seperatley to two screens, the wii is not doing any extra work, and I don't think it would even need a very poweful graphics card to do so; of course when playing spilt screen the graphical quailty is reduced, so it wouldn't look the same as playing LAN with two wiis on two tvs, and setting up this system would be much more costly than buying a tv double the size, so doing this, while perfectly feesable, would be completley pointless

Back