Can I buy a Zapper without Link's Crossbow?

Owen0501

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2007
I already have a Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training, but would like to buy another one or three for when Ghost Squad comes out here in the UK. As far as I can see it's only possible to buy it with LCT, which is a waste. Anyone know if it's possible to buy without? Having said that it's almost impossible to buy the Zapper (with LCT) over here at the moment without paying £35 - £40 ($70 - $80 US) as they're in short supply! Why is the UK the last to get anything decent and then we have to pay twice as much???!!! :mad5:

sremick said:
They have them on eBay, although not all are the official Nintendo brand one they look similar.

Yeah, I've seen the replicas, but they look too much like guns, and I'm a parent - yeah I know that sounds pretty sad!

I guess I'll just wait until the UK get's in next tranch of Zapper deliveries into stores and grab a couple for £20 opposed to £35 - £40. Ghost Squad's not out here for 10 days anyway

I'm sure I've seen them being sold in GAME on their own.

I could be wrong mind, I'll take a look when I go there tomorrow.

Owen0501 said:
Yeah, I've seen the replicas, but they look too much like guns, and I'm a parent - yeah I know that sounds pretty sad!

People in the UK really hate guns, so no need to explain. Here in America everyone and his brother has a gun, so it's a bit different. :)

Owen0501 said:

Are you sure its worth it then, because as far as i can see the only point of the zapper is to make it look more gunlike?

rockkybox said:
Are you sure its worth it then, because as far as i can see the only point of the zapper is to make it look more gunlike?

IMO the zapper does not really look like a traditional gun, where as the replica ones do. Believe me it does actually make a difference - it's like the difference between a light-sabre and a sword - if you know what I mean. I'm happy for the kids to play crosswbow training, but they won't be playing Ghost Squad with me - that's for my Mrs and me, and perhaps my very responsible and adult eldest son - He's 16, the others are 7, 11 and 12.

There are a few out there. Just google "wii gun"

I just picked up the I-Con marksman gun and ill have a review of it soon. (i hope):aureola:

Back