Can sexuality be changed?

I am sure that I am going to catch so much **** for this............I was raised to think that homosexuality is wrong. To this day I still believe that, but have an open mind fore someone to tell me why it isn't.
That's not a surprise.

No no, I use Zubayr as evidence that I'm right. Because the fact is, he's so confused about his sexuality he doesn't know what he is. This whole process of trying to make him straight has brainwashed him into thinking that homosexuality is wrong, and that any male-male sexual act is disgusting. Be that as it may, he still feels attracted to the opposite sex. So while you can teach someone to believe that something is wrong, you don't change their sexuality. It just leads to self-loathing and depression. And if you actually knew anything about this topic, which you don't, you'd know that this is SUCH a common thing.

There are "ex-gay" clinics, especially in America, which are notorious for driving people to depression and self-loathing, but not changing their sexuality. So while many people try to change others, and basically every gay person (including myself) has tried to change themselves, it doesn't work.

Sounds familiar...

I hear a lot of gay people get driven to depression cos half the world hates them, especially in America where there are whole states and cities that almost kill them.

Admittedly, no I dont know too much about this topic, I've just weighed up the evidence from what a few ppl have said, and also used Zubayr as an example, as he has openly spoken about it, as brainwashed as he may now be, he atleast CLAIMS that its changed him, whether he gets with a girl or a guy again will tell I spose, but for the moment, he seems fairly errr... on the straight side.

We already had a Confession's Thread. It ran for a blissful 6 Pages. Then Died.

However. I'll give the first (Possible) Confession

- I think I could (Possibly) still be Bi-Sexual. Maybe. I don't know. I'm moving way more towards Women now, After last Year's Counselling. But. I don't know. :S

I wins. Now, if that's not an obviously confused bisexual I don't know what is.

I hear a lot of gay people get driven to depression cos half the world hates them, especially in America where there are whole states and cities that almost kill them.

I find it funny and slightly ironic how a country that claims to put freedom and values above all else limits the rights of gays. I mean, here in Britain, we have twice the population of California and are half the size, yet we have far less isses with homosexuals here. For example, in the UK, gays can join the military. In America, no such right exists. For the most developed country on Earth, it is still in the stone Age on certain issues.

Ah well, that's democracy I suppose.

I find it funny and slightly ironic how a country that claims to put freedom and values above all else limits the rights of gays. I mean, here in Britain, we have twice the population of California and are half the size, yet we have far less isses with homosexuals here. For example, in the UK, gays can join the military. In America, no such right exists. For the most developed country on Earth, it is still in the stone Age on certain issues.

To be more precise, gays can join the American military, but they are not allowed to disclose their sexuality openly, nor can the military ask them about their sexuality (it's called the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy). You're right though, America still seems to be stuck in the past when it comes to things like this.

Some people like to instill their beliefs in others, even in affairs that they aren't involved in.

Christian revolutionz

EDIT:

Example A: See post above.

I'm actually quite interested in the trend. I've genuinely wondered before if I would do the same thing: If there was an issue that didn't affect me in any way but that I was philosophically, emotionally, or faithfully attached and opposed to, would I prevent its extension on those grounds alone? I can never think of an issue that is this way with me, though. So the thought ends there, but I think I've become less judgemental on an issue that I would otherwise be furious over due to the possibility that the answer to my question is yes.

But yes, it is things like this that make me hate democracy. I think I'd like an elitist government more—that is, as long as I'm among the elite ;)

Some people like to instill their beliefs in others, even in affairs that they aren't involved in.

Christian revolutionz

EDIT:

Example A: See post above.

Religion is far more involved in US politics than it is here. In some areas, the US is more liberal than the UK. However, in other areas, including homosexuality, the UK surpasses the US in terms of liberalism.

Back