chachs official Resident Evil 4 hints and questions Thread

summerdown said:
Hey Guys,
Its very quiet in here at the moment!!! Right, I have just got my free broken butterfly so now altogether I have broken butterfly, riot gun, semi auto rifle, Red9 and the TMP. What are the best weapons to keep/sell to equip me for the rest of the game, I'm now just at the lava bit with the fire dragons. I read somewhere that the butterfly is not so good to keep as you find hardly any ammo for it. All suggestions welcome.
Summer

well, i would sell the butterfly as it takes up much room, but it's much better than the stupid mine thrower i bought. :rolleyes:towards the end of the game, you start gettin a little more magnum ammo, but it's not enough to take out a horde of ganados. the best thing to do w/ it would be upgrade the firepower, cuz it can be usefull agains a chainsaw guy.

i would keep your red9, tmp, and semi auto rifle. in a while, you will get the striker.

RE4 is awsome, i just finally had enough money to buy the infinate launcher (unlimited rocket launcher) so i can go straight threw bosses (as its only one hit on every boss with the RL) i know the game really well, the only thing i dont know is where to find specific items

sigh, I'm still on my 1st run through. Anyways, I'm at the scenes with the trucks (w Ashley driving) and low on ammo (plenty of rifle ammo though) afterwards :(. Any tips on this area? There are several instances where 3-4 soldiers land on the truck and I end up using the Striker and all of the precious items end up off the truck. I have the firepower maxed out for the blacktail, striker, semi-auto rifle, and killer7.

lol....the grenados are weak at that point.....slash them or use ur blacktail.....make sure they are close enough to shoot at so that they wont fly off the truck and pick up the items

what?....no tmp :lol:

Here's a tip (dunno if it was already mentioned). Whenever you get the capacity upgrades it refills your bullets. This is especially useful for the magnums since the ammo is hard to find.
When I first started playing i had the habit of constantly reloading, but I found it's better to use the full clip and sometimes leave weapons empty. If i'm unfortunate and can't find alot of ammo, i get the capacity upgrade from the merchant.

Got to my first mini-gun man. Any suggestions on how to take him down? Having trouble. Also, will I have to deal with any more after this?

The guy with the mini gun right when you get to the island

samus21 said:
The guy with the mini gun right when you get to the island

Shoot him with the rifle through the 'V' in the wall (there's ~1 sec opening where he pauses before blasting away again), then shotgun him in the head a few times when he comes around the corner. You can give a flash grenade a go if you like, but it's not necessary really.
Or climb up the ladder and shoot him in the head as he's climbing up the ladder.

:lol: hmm....use the sniper and shoot him in the head, if he is close, use a tmp or a a striker and shoot him in the face, it distracts him and he usually covers his eyes and put down his mini gun, keep shooting him in the face till he dies

Thanks, I bought the tmp right before I got to the island because I had 200 extra rounds for it so I thought I'd just sell it back then. And I put that 200 rounds right back in his face and even shot him twice w/ the bb. And he was still alive(btw tmp isnt uorgaded at all and I don't plan to). That was my first try and I was just screwing around though.

Back