*CHEERS* I know what the latest update(3/20/08) is for!!!!!

ShawVAuto said:
:lol: ... what are you guys talking about. I previously stated that the update is the compression method for the WIIWARE! The 4GB Nand Flash is TOTALLY seperate from that. Nintendo HAS NOT done anything with it yet. The Wii has 512MB of internal memory for VC games, saved games, etc. It also has a 4GB Nand Flash chip. I said I am guessing that they will start to utilize this for the WiiWare games, and/or future things. They are not using it now and the update was for the compression of the Wiiware games.

Here's the link for the 4GB chip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihXP9WYhLc&feature=related

Fast forward to 3:11 and listen carefully.
He didn't say gigabyte, he said gigabit. The precise part is: "Samsung K9F4G08U0A 65nm 4Gbit NAND Flash"

as found at the site that made the video

That is the Wii's storage space as 4gigabits = 512 MB. There is no extra memory for Nintendo to unlock. And given the cost of real 4GB (gigabyte) nand flash chips in 2006, it would have been an incredible percentage of the cost of manufacture to have not even been publicized.

Last edited:
it it wasnt for the EP thing, then how come if the wii is suppirior to N64, that the wiishop games stiil have mediocre graphics?
(retorical question)
its because they just take the whole game's codeing and put it on the shop channel.
every game has its own coding like to unlock the shotgun in hafelife 2 you had to go thru a certain codeing to get that item for example. thats how AC and game shark work they override the codes by inputing temporary code in the game, to get the stuff you want.
and there is a list of games on my previous post in the first page.
y did i explain this?
to bring me to my 2nd point.
reason y u needed the E.P. for MM for example is beacuse the N64 didnt have the current capabilities to play it. (kinda stupid, or smart depends on how you look at it) which means that MM's coding said that it needed to have the EP, y they didnt re-write MM's code is just that they would have to re-make the game (exe in the master quest for gamecube)and if they did that y not just make a new master quest with MM in it?

That is true about the gigabits... :lol: ....Guess I need better speakers! As for the VC games. Nintendo can alter that code no problem. The GC's release of Zelda showed better texture quality due to the GC being able to do it. The 64 could not do it so the Expansion Pack was needed. The Wii is more powerful than the GC so the Wii should not need to have an update for the Expansion Pack. If it does then, cool but by technology standards it should not.

Neox™ said:
and if they did that y not just make a new master quest with MM in it?

OoT is still considered by some to be the best game ever. MM is not nearly so popular. Even some Zelda fans aren't fond of it. A harder version of it might not have been worth the time to produce it.

eason y u needed the E.P. for MM for example is beacuse the N64 didnt have the current capabilities to play it. (kinda stupid, or smart depends on how you look at it) which means that MM's coding said that it needed to have the EP, y they didnt re-write MM's code is just that they would have to re-make the game

The specific reason MM needed the additional horsepower of the expansion pack is that they wanted to display more onscreen characters at a time--the original hardware of the 64 had insufficient horsepower to allow it.

Im confused now lol im reading the thread and its changing from 4gig to Zelda MM to expansion pak updates lmao.
Sniff
i posted on the SSB on the SSBB release lol

Back