N64 vs PS1!

En4Neo said:
Well I know Nintendo and Sony were going to make a console, but I don't think it was all Nintendo if that's what you're saying.

no, see what happened is that Nintendo needed help for a CD console, so they went to Sony. Sony would provide the hardware, Nintendo would do the games. Then about half-way throught, both sides thought they had learned enough from both sides, so they went their own ways. Nintendo and Philips tried a console that never got released, and Sony released the ps1 by themselves. it wasn't all nintendo, but they influenced sony severely.

En4Neo said:
I think as Nintendo fanboys now we're all biased in a way, but I'm really not too sure which is the better one. They're both great consoles!

N64 had Starfox, OoT, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, and Mario 64.

Ps1 had FF7-9, Parappa The Rapper, Twisted Metal, Chrono Cross, Klonoa, Spyro, and Metal Gear Solid.

BTW I'm almost certain the Ps1 had Rayman 2 and maybe some of the other games you listed, so you can't count that as n64.

The Dreamcast had Rayman 2. And PC. HOORA!

I think the N64 definately wins. If your like me, and don't like RPGs, let alone Final Fantasy, the PS1=Metal Gear Solid. And (to me)
PS1=MGS
MGS<Super Mario 64, OoT,MM,007,Perfect Dark, Starfox 64, Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario 64, OoT etc.=N64
N64>PS1

FLWER said:
...that never got released...
CDi Much?

N64 wins for me for Mystical Ninja alone...

And Buck Bumble...I loves it!

Jay61 said:

Impact Eckymassss
Here comes impact

That song
Every time

FWELR said:
no, see what happened is that Nintendo needed help for a CD console, so they went to Sony. Sony would provide the hardware, Nintendo would do the games. Then about half-way throught, both sides thought they had learned enough from both sides, so they went their own ways. Nintendo and Philips tried a console that never got released, and Sony released the ps1 by themselves. it wasn't all nintendo, but they influenced sony severely.

Yeah I know what happened, but to say Nintendo made the Ps1 is just idiotic.

Also I'm pretty sure Nintendo and Phillips console did come out. I've seen people post game videos of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i

My god the Wii owns... said:
The Dreamcast had Rayman 2. And PC. HOORA!

So did the Ps1.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/action/rayman2/index.html?q=rayman%202

Last edited:
Jay61 said:

Yes. Mystical Ninja Pwned. So did Goemon's Great Adventure. Still have the games and play them from time to time.

No, what happened was Nintendo realized that they had signed a bad deal (for them) with Sony and so they backed out of the deal right before they were set to announce it to the public. Sony then, after putting resources into devoloping cd gaming tech, decided to continue on with that work. Nintendo went with Phillips but later dropped cd tech after the Sega-CD failed. Sony released the PS1 using cd, Nintendo released the 64 using cartridges. Sony got a lot of 3rd party support based on the larger profit margin associated with cd gaming over cartridges. The decision to go with cartridges over cds is the primary reason Ninty lost the control they had over the market with the SNES.

Both systems were great. Nintendo did a lot of good for 3D gaming with Mario 64 and OoT. Sony did a lot of good establishing cds as the standard for console gaming and allowing developers to make some (at the time) huge games due to the greater capacity of the cds. We wouldn't be where we are now without both systems.

Well...PS1 for me... I LOVED the PS1 RPG games, "Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, etc."

I'd say N64, I had FF7 for PC and that's the only Final Fantasy I like, as for nintendo, I loved all the games mentioned before...

I regret selling my N64 :(

[plus, I got a bad deal xD]

Back