Classic Metroid Games, worth to buy?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I got into Metroid Prime when it was released, and am now deeply engrossed in the series. I am wondering if (when ninty releases one of them) I should buy Metroid from the NES/SNES/(was there one for 64?). Were they good games? Did they take a while to beat? Im obviously not expecting anything like 20 hours, but I was just wondering what you people that have played them thought of them. Obviously it wasnt too bad because it had already made a name for itself before prime.

ALSO: Can someone PLEASE pm me if/when ninty releases the first metroid game. I dont check the Shop Channel or this part of the forums often, so it would be greatly appreciated.

ANOTHER ALSO: Could someone please list all of the metroid games and what system they were on, just so I know how many there are and what the chances are that ninty will release one? Thanks.

Thanks again everyone.

Metroid(NES)
Metroid 2 Return of Samus (Gameboy)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Metroid Prime (Cube)
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (Cube)
Metroid Prime Hunters (DS)
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Wii)

Thats everything in pretty much chronological order

Unforunetly there never was a Metroid 64 although i was in development at one time it was ultimately scrapped before it seen the light of day (sadly)

So only two have a chance of making it to the Wii? (aside from Corruption, of course)

Unless they do the Gameboy on VC thing yes only two btw they were side scrollers completely different from the Prime trilogy

Super Metroid Dubbed Best Game of All Time by EGM

I have a great issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly with a list of the "Best 100 Games of All Time." It was issued circa 1999. Super Metroid was number one! 5 years after it's release. Followed by Tetris at #2, and I forgot #3 (Link to the Past?) That means Super Metroid was voted better than Mario64 or any Zelda game up to OoT by the staff of EGM. And I trust them. btw, I have beat it twice, it's awesome. Especially the end battle.

Great so Metroid and Super Metroid are both good games? Worth $5 anyway? Oh, and fyi, yeah I knew that they were side scrollers.

Worth Downloading? Very, very much! Especially Super Metroid, it's hard to get tired of that one.

For me it's between Super Metroid and the first Metroid Prime. Prime was just a great 3D experience of metroid.

Super Metroid is a great game, I haven't played through it in years now but I do remember it being incredible. Super Metroid at the time was such a leap from the original. The sound, environment, mapping, it was all just incredible.

If you have the means, I would suggest trying the original Metroid. If you prefer a mapping feature, look for a GBA and get Metroid Zero Mission. It is essentially the original metroid game + a bit of stuff that ties the original Prime game in. In Prime you're told that Samus was raised by the Chozo on Zebes. The original metroid doesn't have anything about the Chozo in it, but Zero Mission does. Ties it all together.

Super Metroid is a must play though.

Super Metroid is probably the game I've played through the most times. It's not a 20 hour game but it's not a 1 hour game, either.
Zero Mission for GBA is pretty much a beefed up version of the original NES game. Extra areas and weapons. It's still worth playing the original NES game but Zero Mission is my favorite of the 2D games. I can't wait for Super Metroid on VC though.
From what I remember, you can play the original NES Metroid as an unlockable in Zero Mission.

Back