Collecting Coins...

Wiily Good said:
What's a red coin star? If its a SM64 reference, I've never played it, forgive me.

dw about it. Every world or "galaxy" in Super mario 64 had one star each in it where u have to search for 8 red coins to make the star appear.

And about the Red Coins.... no red coin missions in galaxy, but there is a star in each galaxy that can only be collected by gathering up 100 purple coins. So pretty much the same thing, but only on a more extreme scale.

George said:
Dont you get a star for 100 coins like u did in SM64? Surely they havn't taken that out.
you dont i have gotten all 120 stars and you dont need 100 coins to get a star at all

metalfreak said:
is it just me or have coins really, really, REALLY lost their abundance and importance in mario games? think back to like smb1-3 and smw and all the old and sweet ones of the series...you felt almost compelled to get those coins, whether it be death or injury, the more coinjs the better, you had them spread out along the levels waiting and you could see a sea of them waiting...not just coins...hell...the entire idea of boxes is gone nearly, now the mario games are almost all platforming nothing but it...

o well, this is not a complaint, only a frustrated observation
super paper mario requires coins to buy things from the shops ;)

cowzuvdoom said:
you dont i have gotten all 120 stars and you dont need 100 coins to get a star at all

Nvm, I'm happy about the purple coin comets that appear for the galaxys, I've just beat the game and just been to the gate and done the purple coin thing there, it was alot of fun, I'm gunna try the purple comet star which appears at the good egg galaxy, hope it is not to hard.

Back