Collecting Coins...

Desi_Wii_G

Welcome to the Good Life
Aug 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
8914-3870-7184-8437
What is the point of collecting the coins? I know they revive 1 part of the health meter but other than that whats the use. Also why can't you use some of the coins you already saved when you have full health to heal you when you have low health?:confused:

Coins are used as a 'high score' of sorts on levels. If you look at a level, it will tell you how many coins you got during that level and you can try to beat your score.

cassieboo said:
that's kind of silly.
Exactly what I was thinking...:p Well thanx Levesque.:)

Good suggestion I wish they could do that, sometimes during a boss battle I get ticked because I die near the very end and there are no coins left....

its the same in all mario games like this
being able to use stored coins would be a useful thing to have though...or be able to shoot star bits at yourself like you do to the lumas to feed them

is it just me or have coins really, really, REALLY lost their abundance and importance in mario games? think back to like smb1-3 and smw and all the old and sweet ones of the series...you felt almost compelled to get those coins, whether it be death or injury, the more coinjs the better, you had them spread out along the levels waiting and you could see a sea of them waiting...not just coins...hell...the entire idea of boxes is gone nearly, now the mario games are almost all platforming nothing but it...

o well, this is not a complaint, only a frustrated observation

metalfreak said:
is it just me or have coins really, really, REALLY lost their abundance and importance in mario games? think back to like smb1-3 and smw and all the old and sweet ones of the series...you felt almost compelled to get those coins, whether it be death or injury, the more coinjs the better, you had them spread out along the levels waiting and you could see a sea of them waiting...not just coins...hell...the entire idea of boxes is gone nearly, now the mario games are almost all platforming nothing but it...

Yea... I just look at the coins and say hey... Why bother. I also say that when looking at some girls.:p

Wiily Good said:
If you get 50 coins you get a 1up as well.

Oh I never knew that, but 50 coins are pretty hard to find in one lvl, usually they're pretty short.:lol:

metalfreak said:

Agreed I never bother with the coins unless I'm low on heath

Dont you get a star for 100 coins like u did in SM64? Surely they havn't taken that out.

George said:
Dont you get a star for 100 coins like u did in SM64? Surely they havn't taken that out.

Good thought but I don't think you do, maybe though, I haven't even had 50 coins.:lol:

adsertif12 said:
Good thought but I don't think you do, maybe though, I haven't even had 50 coins.:lol:

Yeah, I'm not happy about them getting rid of that, also, is'nt there any red coin stars?? Its a real shame if there isnt tbh. The game apart from that is amazing and my favorite wii game yet.

Back