Consoles to “die out” in the next 5 to 10 years

If anything the console will die out and become an "entertainment system." Its already being done slowly in this generation. Therefore it is definitely a reality for the next generation.

What that guy is talking about is really simple. He says somehow cable companies like Time Warner, Adelphia will take over the video game industry. It won't happen, and if it did we'd have 10,000 channels of garbage, just like TV.

He talks like those old farts at Xerox. They had equally no vision of the future. Instead of thinking up something inventive like mind control helms, holo decks, retardo the great thinks up... ummm more TV. Dumbass.

Last edited:
It's not Time Warner (or other cable companies), Microsoft will buy their own "Channel" (like the comedy channel) where you can buy games. Or he means the video channel, the one when you turn your Wii on and the Wii MM pops up. Instead of having a video 1 we would have a Microsoft, or Sony or Nintendo channel.

i don't think they will die out but they will put the ps3 and 360 hardware to shame and kick the crap out of the wii

I don't think consoles will ever die out, on a count of my GameCube still working by then ;)

Honestly though, I can see consoles eventually not being made/sought after. But there will be another generation of consoles for sure. I don't know really, its hard to say but it seems very unlikely for it to just die out completely. Maybe there won't be 3 companies making consoles, just 1.

wow this is an old thread!
but it doesnt take a genius to say the wii will die out in a decade!
technology will be replaced. the market is only expanding. in 10 years their will be even more consumers of video games. who knows in 10 years africa might fall in love with mario.

Next gen they should get rid of consoles and just make all future games for the PC. That way we can just connect our comp's to our tv's and play any game, and watch any type of movie, etc. (blu-ray drives for everyone) And after that prbly what this guy said.

Problem is good PC's are expensive.

Consoles will die out eventually, this guy is right.

EDIT: hey my old sig and junk is back. . . what goin on. . .

thats really interesting. i didn't think that the gaming industry would be in decline in the next 5 years. Although the cost of producing is obviously the major difference in this, i still don't see it going into a major decline, the demand for gaming is so big.

Does this mean I'm never going to see Mario again:cryin: R.I.P. Mario, looks like this is the end. I enjoyed the 14 years we spent together. I'm going to miss link, bowser, donkey kong and the rest of them:( Well, it looks like this is the end:frown2:

Back