Controller problems

m7ticalm

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2006
Australia, Perth
Wii Online Code
0287-9971-6660-4138
hey, i no lots of ppl who have ps2 controllers and after a while something in their gets loose, its very small and i dont no wat it is but it gets stuck under the R2 and L2 buttons all the time and means u have to shake the control. Because the wii has all this shaking and stuff in it, do u think it could experience similar problems also do u think they will make the analog sticks more durable to fragmentation?

i don't think Nintendo will actually make mediocre wiimotes. PS2 has had that problem because they make easy to break stuff at the expense of cutting edge technology. I know this as I was at a friend's place and we were playing a PS2 game and he pulled the controller and the console fell to the floor after a half meter drop and literally fell apart! He did the same thing with the GC and it didn't break at all or anything - just fell and we still could play the game on the screen as if nothing happened lol.

Nintendo always thinks about what would happen with their stuff - by the way they would think about crazy kids who would throw the wiimote at a wall because they got too carried away with an intense game. I've never had any problems with any of the nintendo consoles (except for worn out N64 joysticks) and I often am very rough with the controllers.

yes the PS2 is a sensitive machine, and have you seen the inside of the controllers, they have little spike-like protrusions holding everything and a bunch that serve no purpose, its no wonder there is always something rattling inside the controller. Is their new controller the dual-shock 3, I heard it doesn't even have vibration due to the tilt mechanism, so you really can't call it dual-shock anymore(of course Nintendo has full 3d sensing, vibration, and a speaker, yeah Nintendo actually cares).

PS2 controllers where REALLY bad, I had 2 and both fucked off man... then I had to buy another, and the L2 and R2 buttons are not working... damn console

Lol, one of my PS2 controllers just went on the fritz and wouldn't work after about 1 yr. 1! can u believe that?!

And no I think there's no way that the wiimotes will have "sony like" controllers. They've made so many consoles(even their handhelds)that r so amazingly hard to break, u would actually have to try to break one to do it. The wiimotes wil be no different.

I can see it now, Mr. Sony puts the wiimote on concrete and smashes it up with a sledgehammer and says, "Look how crappy this controller is! HAHAHA" Then he puts the PS3 controller on a matress and hits it w/ a squeaky hammer he got from Petsmart then says, "FUFUFU! We r da best..! Look how big and bad we r! Ohoho! OOOOHH we're so MACHOOOO."

linkzeldagame said:
i don't think Nintendo will actually make mediocre wiimotes. PS2 has had that problem because they make easy to break stuff at the expense of cutting edge technology. I know this as I was at a friend's place and we were playing a PS2 game and he pulled the controller and the console fell to the floor after a half meter drop and literally fell apart! He did the same thing with the GC and it didn't break at all or anything - just fell and we still could play the game on the screen as if nothing happened lol.

Nintendo always thinks about what would happen with their stuff - by the way they would think about crazy kids who would throw the wiimote at a wall because they got too carried away with an intense game. I've never had any problems with any of the nintendo consoles (except for worn out N64 joysticks) and I often am very rough with the controllers.
Sony products always break, Nintendos are built to last (Apart from the N64 sticks which is why i'm looking forward to regetting all the N64 virtual games)

Heh Heh... My DS Fell On Concrete Twice And On Tile Once... Works Like A Charm...

:lol:
Sam_Harris said:
i think the bigger question is will other companies make third party remotes
I don't think so, with all the technology etc. in it, they might make false VC controllers though...

Back