Mario Galaxy controls

I found it the controls really awkward to the point of almost unplayable. But luckily I stuck with it, and when I got used to it, it became one of my favourite games.

When I got metroid prime and started to play it, the controls were really easy to get the hang of - except for the targeting R button when searching for an enemy or target that could not be locked on. It took me a while to get the hang of but now its easy esp after finishing MP Echoes of Darkness

I'm guessing the only annoying thing about the game will be that targeting-star floating around; could really be distracting, especially since it has sort of a trail. Hopefully, they'll tone it down a bit, or make it simitransparent, or something. Zelda looks, from videos I've seen, to have the same annoying reticle.

Last edited:
LoZ will be better than SMG in my opinion, LoZ will especially make good use of the wii remote.

ssbb_lover said:
LoZ will be better than SMG in my opinion, LoZ will especially make good use of the wii remote.

Yep. I agree

~~

I don't think the controls will be hard to get the hang of. At least not for people already familar with the gamecube. The anologstick and buttons seem to be easy enoughf. and motion isn't thaat hard to do. I think the hardest thing isto use the controls fluidly.

MT3:C will make better use of the Wiimote than LoZ and SMG

looks easy to me. its just a simple mario game, just with a cursor and different controller. well, for me. even if the game isnt good, who cares? i mean, we still can look forward to hundreds of games that will come out for the wii in the future. but, we all know this game is gonna own.

WiiAreTheChampions said:
looks easy to me. its just a simple mario game, just with a cursor and different controller. well, for me. even if the game isnt good, who cares? i mean, we still can look forward to hundreds of games that will come out for the wii in the future. but, we all know this game is gonna own.
Agreed. Looking at the controls I can't see myself having trouble with them.

i remember when i was 7-8 or so, and i first picked up the n64 controller 2 play super mario 64. i got it in a second. im sure these controls will be easy, though i really wish that marios boxing skills that he picked up when he was a referie would return.:(

Back