Convert me from Microsoft to Nintendo!

Go Nintendo all the way... Nintendo has been the most original video game franchise as of now (in my opinion) the Wii, DS, DS lite.... ooohhh... i get chills just thinking about it!!

It's not really a case of converting, all of the three systems have similarities in the technology they incorporate, but they're offering different things, personally, if I have to admit it, I've always "followed" nintendo, I have more nintendo consoles than I have any other, and I think that shows something. I do have a ps2, but I don't plan on buying a ps3, I certainly won't be buying a 360, and my reasons seem to stay the same all the time, Nintendo have remained strictly "game people" with their consoles, although they're sort of going with the flow now, the consoles they make are more game consoles than any other, Sony and Microsoft are just turning into multimedia consoles, it is handy to have a DVD player built into a console, but I buy a console for gaming, and I really feel that Nintendo have always incorporated realistic gaming technology within their consoles. S'why I love them.;)

Yup, that's exactly it. There are features and games exclusive to each of the three consoles, and although a few exclusives to 360 and ps3 might be sort of good, the Nintendo exclusives have been around for a lot longer, and people still love them. I love Final Fantasy, but I think after having made about 90 they might want to give up. I think square are churning out the same old stuff, it's time to move on, and I'm moving on to the Wii.:D

I love Final Fantasy, but I think after having made about 90 they might want to give up.

Bit off topic, but final fantasy is one of two reasons I actually want a ps3 (the other being assasins creed, check it out if you haven't heard about it) i may have to play catch-up when the console drops to a reasonable price though. the great thing about ff is the familiar gameplay with a fresh story each time.

back to topic....sorta, most of the staple nintendo titles have been the other way around, same gameplay (mostly, the leap to 3d mixed things up a bit) and same story but in a new/different location to get through to reach the goal. the great thing is that it always seems to work

I know what you mean, and for a while I did think about the ps3, but realistically, I'm not gonna get it just for a few games...saying that, I probably will lol. Another ps2 game I loved was Shadow Hearts Covenant.

Once again, I find myself in agreement with MrJim. We can't "convert" anyone. People will either buy a console for the games they want or because its what all their friends have. Sometimes that could be the same console but when you look at things like Xbox Live you can see some of the manufacturers are putting pressure on "buy what your friends have so you can play them online" strategy. That's why I think its critical for Nintendo to not nerf the online play on the Wii. For me, I have a regular Xbox and I just look back and remember enjoying playing games much more on all the iterations of nintendo consoles I've owned so much more. The whole thing has also prompted me to buy a DS Lite and Sunday can't come soon enough.

There are many detractors of the friend code system who will be upset if it is not more open on the Wii. Also I think you will find that current Xbox live users would reject such a closed/protective system which means losing potential converts. Check the Nintendo insider forums for a nearly infinite number of posts complaining about Nintendo WiFi Connection.

No, I'm not talking about the connectivity. I'm talking about the actual system which is dictated by Nintendo. The complaints are about friend codes in general, separate friend codes for each game, and lack of online features that Live supports such as live voice chat, "lobbies" where you can meet and team up with random people without the company trying to "protect" you. Like I said, check the Nintendo Insider forums (or almost any other DS forum) and you will see. The complaints are about stuff that IS under Nintendo control.

I've seen it a milloin times already. Nintendo will eventually fix the problems. Wi-fi for most people works just fine. Also, Nintendo is starting to produce more games with more features, loook at Metroid Prime Hunters,they added live chat in which you can talk to your opponents.

I agree. And truth be told, I haven't used it yet. Like I said in another thread, I'm just getting a DS Lite on Sunday when they come out. I've just seen a lot of complaints that its too restrictive and will drive off Xbox Live type users.

I've played Xbox online before and I dont really see a difference in online play. Of coarse DS games arent going to have alot of online features on it at one time. Xbox games have more memory to use extra features than the DS. The DS is still great with the Wi-Fi. For evey new game Nintendo makes for it, it seems they add another new feature.

You're right. Its unfair to compare Live to WFC as implemented on the DS, is a handheld.

Back