Daviduk200's------Wii game reviews----- and hints

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Right well alot of people post things like oh what games better and what should i get and well its a lot of people who do this so i thought people could check my personal opinions on the games i own and VC games i own aswell. And then if you want to check up then you can if iv not got the games then ask somewhere else.
My reviews will be listed in order i played them just for your info.

ok so here they are.

Wii Games

Wii Sports

As a free game and the first i played it introduced me to the controls (even though they are very simple) and i must say i enjoyed it for five minutes. then i got bored and played my other games.
This doesnt mean its bad no by no means. I go back to playing it every now and then and it allways seems to be the most popular with new arrivals to the wii and some of my friends. there is quite a bit to do.

Firstly the 5 sports, (in order of my fave to worst.)

Tennis, is very good simple and possible the easiest of the sports.
Bowling, Can take a while to master but is very fun and competitive
Golf, Many will find controls on this hard to learn and very hard to master
Baseball, is more on the hard side and can get frustratingly hard.
Boxing, Not my cup of tea and can seem slightly unresponsive.

Then you get the wii training. which are. 3 mini games based on each of the 5 sports (15 in total) which train you for the main game.

and finally the wii fitness were a random 3 of the training are given to you to do the best you can, The better you are the younger you fitness age.
20 being the best i find it fairly easy to get making it a bit easy.

The game in general is very good can get old but its very easy to pick up and play and will last a long time and is very good in multiplayer.

Story........... 0/10 (there is no story)
Game play..... 8/10 (thanks to boxing being slighlty unresponsive at times)
Graphics........ 7/10 (great for wii's capabilities But slightly cartoonish)
Sound........... 8/10 (Good and clear repetitive sound track though)
Play length..... 5/10 (its non completeable no goals)
Replayability... 7/10 (good for picking up every now and then)
Multiplayer..... 9/10 (very fun)

Total 44/70

C

Wii Play

As a £5 game The value is Great. The game claims to advance your knowledge of how to use the wii remote and it doesnt really teach you it just uses more advanced methods of motion than the wii sports.

The 9 Minigames.

Shooting range.(a modern day Duck hunt, Very fun and simple.)
Wheres Mii. (Like wheres Wally, Find specified mii's or pairs out a crowd)
Table Tennis (bat the ball by pointing your paddle at it, simple yet fun)
Pose mii, (easily the most difficult of the games, fit you mii into poses)
Laser hockey (Like pong, point you paddle hit the ball to score)
Billiards (pot the balls in order in as little shots as possible)
Fishing (hook the fish yank them out)
Charge (race your cow using the remote sideways, addictive fun)
Tanks (fun game more hardcore than the rest Great fun shoot enemy tanks)

All of this game are great fun and all are availible for 1-2 players. but unfortunatly there life is noticably les than wii sports possibly because they do get old fast and are much less competitive. yet in multiplayer it does keep score of your wins and losses, but you can do that yourself. But it is exceptionally Great for value.

Story........... 1/10 (Story is training you)
Game play..... 7/10 (fun simple and clever)
Graphics........ 5/10 (Very cartoony but a few good details)
Sound........... 7/10 (Clear but slightly repetitive tunes)
Play length..... 4/10 (Very /very easy to unlock extra games very short)
Replayability... 6/10 (replayable for a while but do get old)
Multiplayer..... 8/10 (fun multiplayer more game like than wii sports)

Total 38/70

D+

Red Steel

(PLEASE BE AWARE THIS GAME HAS VERY VERY MIXED REVIEW'S AND OPINIONS AND HAS FACED MUCH PRAISE AND CRITISM ONE REVIEW ALONE SHOULD NOT BE ENOUGH
)

But here is my Review.
in my opinion great great game, Very fun and original, now graphics wise it was a slight dissapointment, and the Sword fights were a huge dissapointment. But the gun play was brilliant and the controls were great, The sword play is limited to a few set moves, but the gun play is very ranged not to many weapons available but the point and shoot method works a treat, the aiming is used to shoot but also to turn buy pointing in that direction, which can result to a tired arm so i suggest sitting and taking a break every so often.
The story was not to original but the gameplay and settings were.
You are a guy called scott. and your fiance's dad is a sort of gang leader. Your fiance gets kidnapped and use to bribe the father to hand over The Katana Giri (a special sword) you have to take the sword and protect it while trying to save your fiance. on the way you meet loads of powerfull people and gain friends aswell as enemies, can you do it alone?

Story........... 7/10 (unoriginal but still good)
Game play..... 7/10 (great but dissapointing sword play)
Graphics........ 4/10 (Not so good even for wii capabilities)
Sound........... 8/10 (clear, good soundtracks, uses wiimote speakers to)
Play length..... 5/10 (fairly short with my play time being 7 hours)
Replayability... 6/10 (can get old but still fun even on rerun)
Multiplayer..... 6/10 (Good,one 4 player mode is great fun, But restricted to 4 levels)

Total 43/70

C-

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The game that many were waiting for the main Wii launch game, and heres what i thought,
I found this game got of to a slow boring start and at a few points i thought of taking it back, then i got to the first wolf part and was really wanting to return it, But i thought ill give it a few more tries untill i take it back.
and you know what Im glad i did. after the 1st wolf part i really got into it the story began to unfold the game became more and more interesting and well it became just as fun as i remembered the good old "ocarina of time", i loved it from then on its a very long gameand kept me thinking from start to finish, But there were a few points where it reminded me almost exactly of OoT which was a little bad as it felt a bit old, but still i loved OoT so i loved TP just as much, Maybe even more, its a great game abd uses the wii remote well, sword use is like red steel (restricted) but still its great.
My one downside is replayability once completed very very low replay value, only used it once or twice since completed for a spot of fishing, after a few years i may play it again as i have with OoT.

Story........... 9/10 (same old princess gets captured save her but the story
--------------------around the story is great)
Game play..... 9/10 (very fun easy simple)
Graphics........ 7/10 (Decent, cartoony, but easily not the best on Wii)
Sound........... 9/10 (Some Great soundtracks decent quality)
Play length.... 10/10 (for me 32 hours so long very long)
Replayability... 4/10 (a dissapointing 4 But its same with all zelda's)
Multiplayer..... 0/10 (none nout zip zilch nil zero, mulitplayer capabilities)

Total 48/70

C+

Marvel Ultimate alliance

Well first thing i noticed about this game was the amazing brilliant Cut scene graphics. but well they deteriorated in the gameplay graphics,
But after playing this game i found it slightly boring i thought the gameplay was repetitive and got old i did however enjoy the game the further into it i got,
Now im not comic book fan but i do enjoy all the comic book heroes movies (with the exception of the Hulk) But i enjoyed the story of this game, the evil victor von doom has gained huge power and gathered all the super villains together to destroy the heroes once and for all and rule the world, you travel between many of the heroes home places and fight together to clear each areas missions and help. with a sort of multiple ending conclusion depending on the missions you do and dont do. adds a slight replayability but still even after that the replay value was very poor.

Story........... 8/10 (i enjoyed it alot)
Game play..... 6/10 ( got repetitive but still fun)
Graphics........ 7/10 (excelent cut scene graphic, not so good in game)
Sound........... 6/10 (Ok not best But good quality)
Play length..... 8/10 (11 hours isnt to bad)
Replayability... 2/10 (even more boring than zelda twice round)
Multiplayer..... 3/10 (basically the one player with 2 people not fun)

Total 40/70

C-

Warioware Smooth Moves

Please dont flame after this review as im sure many of you will disagree, but i find it one of the worst buys i ever made here is why, When i first got it to be honest i did enjoy it and had a fair bit of fun, but i found the main story had some very very long iritating introduction cartoon sequences one of which is the exact same as the other but with different animals at a disco, and they just last so long and iritate me, secondly the lack of attention to detail, to me graphics are not everything but i do like a game that shows of something not just cartoon pictures.
But the main part of the game is very pointless minigames that have no relevance to the story, they may be fun to do but as soon as the games start to repeat themselves its just plain boring.
The multiplayer of the game is i admit again great fun to play with new friends but sharing one remote and having to pass it around every 2 seconds (average length of the games) it just gets old, i just put it away and only brought it out when one of my mates came around (he loved it),

Story........... 2/10 (pointless but there is one)
Game play..... 6/10 (fun in parts and it does work)
Graphics........ 1/10 (terrible Most are literally cartoons)
Sound........... 4/10 (Very repetitive but boring clear though)
Play length..... 1/10 (very short around one hour for me)
Replayability... 4/10 (can be fun every so often)
Multiplayer..... 6/10 (ok does get boring (best part of whole game though)

Total 23/70

E-

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic back to basics, well near enough, The simplistic control method and the set paths of the game, keep up for a fast paced simple yet fun game,
The controls are very simple, hold the remote on the side and tilt it left to turn left, Right to turn right. the running is automatic (which is not for everyone) and jump by lifting the remote quickly, thats the basics, further controls like homing attack are done by thrusting the remote forward while jumping and reverse by tiliting backwards. This is very simple but can take a bit of getting used to, and it does make for fresh and fun gameplay,
the game is about sonic going into arabian knights book and saving the story's by beating the erazer gjin who is erasing the books words, (wierd i know) and is set over 7 or so levels which have about 20 missions each so around 140 missions some long some short, good fun, although the game does get of to a slow start (leterally sonic is slow to start of with) he does get upgrades and later into the game gets very very fast.
Multiplayer consist of a selection of around 50 party games some are really fun some not so but it is one of the better multiplayers i have tried on wii, and it is good fun.

Story........... 4/10 (not great and slightly wierd but ok)
Game play..... 8/10 (simple and best of all the next gen sonics)
Graphics........ 7/10 (some of the better graphics, decent for wii)
Sound........... 7/10 (non repetitive, and good quality)
Play length..... 6/10 (fairly long around 8 hours i think dont remember)
Replayability... 5/10 (the levels do get boring but its fun to use the controls)
Multiplayer..... 7/10 (fun variety of minigames some amazing some not)

Total 44/70

C

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Well whats to say it plays the same as every other one with different controls slapped on for wii, mostly its button pressing with a little bit of wii controls shoved on. First thing i noticed was the iritating aiming you do point at the screen but imagine a small circle and you point the the very edge of the circle to aim in that direction, well you have to point to the edge to move the pointer in that direction, (if it makes sense) well it isnt as simple as red steel or RE4 for example. But well other than that the only annoying thing is the very annoying camera controll you turn the camera on a third person perspective like you do on red steel, point to the left to turn the camera around you in that direction, it gets very annoying, it takes time and can do it when you dont want it to and when you do want it to it does it wrong or doesnt to it sometimes. it is just annoying.
Graphical wise its rubbish, i dont mean rubbish like N64 rubbish but its just rubbish for wii, its about as good as the medium quality PS2 or GC graphics. Not impressive,
one good thing is the multiplayer Co-op its the exact same as the Single player control wise but the levels are somewhat different with changes in most parts to suit the co-op, and it is pretty fun, Multiplayer is definatly the best part of the game but is only suitable for 2 good expierienced gamers, not really for begginers.
Story wise its a little confusing, you are working for 2 different companies, trying to infiltrate one for the other while doing missions for both, each mission you do has consequenses depending on whether or not you do the side missions to gain trust for each company. If you are to trustworthy in one the other will be suspicious and you will have to prove your loyalyties. The overall objective to me remained unclear and therefore so did the story.

Story........... 4/10 (not compelling and slightly confusing)
Game play..... 4/10 (same as all previous game, But wii controls slapped on)
Graphics........ 5/10 (dissapointing for wii capabilities)
Sound........... 7/10 (No iritating music just sounds you make)
Play length..... 5/10 (i didnt complete it got bored)
Replayability... 2/10 (i havent completed so havent replayed)
Multiplayer..... 7/10 (ok would be better if controls were better)

Total 34/70

D

Mario Strikers Charged Football

First thing i have to say is i am no fan of football/Soccer infact i hate it, So the only and i mean only reason i got this game is because i wanted to try the first online game for wii, (in uk anyway) and wo behold i loved it,
The games itself works great with the controls and is very quick, easy and simple to learn. But the more advanced controls and strategies can take a while. the variety of captains and sidekicks add a range of possibilities and strategies.
The single player in the game is fairly short and easy but the last cup can be slightly challenging to the less experienced players. The single player/offline mode of the game itself isnt worth to much. But the real star of the game is The online Mode. This adds a whole new Value to the game and makes more personal challenges like, trying to get in the top 100 rankings or even the top 1000. so far i have only managed 274. the great thing (but is also annoying) is the rankings reset after each season meaning new owners of the game still have a chance to get to number one at one point.. The matches can get pretty heated and intense. and nothing is more satisfiying the winning on a skillshot in sudden death, apart from winning 10 - 0 and getting a bundle of points of course.
The only downside to the game is no talk or messaging so it can sometimes feel no different from playing the computer except that it is usually harder than the computer.
Overall Great game must buy for football fans and none. exellent start to wii online i just cant wait for the next one.

Story........... 2/10 (become the best and win all the cups,)
Game play..... 8/10 (fun simple easy, yet challenging to master)
Graphics........ 7/10 (fair graphics not best but some of them)
Sound........... 8/10 (not to many sound tracks but there not repetitive)
Play length..... 5/10 (short story mode, approx 1-2 hour completion)
Replayability... 9/10 (fun to pick up and play over and over again)
Multiplayer..... 9/10 (excelent online and not, but better online)

Total 48/70

C+

Super Monkey Ball, Banana Blitz

Three words for you. I hate this game. (ok im exadurating a bit) But heres why its not the best

The story of the game is not deep all that happens is a bunch of banana's get stlen and its your job to get them back. fun stuff (NOT) the main game is also fairly short.
Also if you are going to want to even start playing this Put you Tv on MUTE minimum volume will not do. The soundtrack to this game is stressfully iritating.
Although the game kept me playing in an addictive way it wasn's pride i felt after each level i completed it was relief that i was one step closer to finishing it and never seing it again. also some level are soo hard it just gets stressfull.
Although th controlls work quite good in the main game its the 50 mini games that fail to impress.
I found out of the 50 that there was, only half of them had decent working controls, and out of those 25 i only enjoyed like 5. A few of the mini games are actually really good but as a collection its terrible. But mulitplayer on them is enjoyable, and one of my faveourite multiplayer games.
Overall te game felt a fair bit disapointing, and un finished a bit of a rushed title, the mini games lack depth and dont worj to well, while the story mode is ok, it gets repetitive and hard, (but short) graphic wise its hard to say as they are cartoony, but as far as cartoony goes they are not to bad.

Story........... 3/10 (Find the bananas woo hoo what fun)
Game play..... 5/10 (Good on story, bad on (most) minigames)
Graphics........ 7/10 (fair graphics not best but some of them)
Sound........... 1/10 (Horrible, stupid, repetitive, MUTE worthy but clear)
Play length..... 5/10 (short story, approx 3 hour completion)
Replayability... 6/10 (ok to play minigames every now and then)
Multiplayer..... 8/10 (Good fun on minigames, even if they dont work)

Total 35/70

D

Resident Evil 4 Wii edition

Firstly i have to mention even though this game is a port, its one of the wii best games in all aspects, (except multiplayer),
Well we all know the basic story behind all resident evil games but 4 is slightly different, its set way after all the zombies and is now about a group or cult of bug infested villagers, even though this is possibly the least scary of the series (good for some bad for others) it (for me) is the best. It has the best control scheme by miles, and its story is well more in depth,
you are Leon.s.Kennedy (same last name as me :)) and you have to save the president daughter from the crazed cult of people, while you are there you must investigate and understand what is going on and try to stop these evil villagers,
The control scheme however is the most improved part of the game, where instead of the sometimes frustrating controls of the originals, its more like a basic FPS, run around using analogue stick, hold B to get your gun out Point and shoot with A, this make the games way more fun, easier and stress free, (compared to previous game, which take ages to get the hang of)
The Wii edition of this game may just be a port, but it still has some of the best graphics on wii, possibly in the top 10 (which doesnt say much for wii) and has tonnes of unlockable content and a huge replay value, (its just bit dissapointing that there is no multiplayer.

Story........... 9/10 (Save president daughter, Not original but good)
Game play..... 10/10 (Amazing 100% my fave so far, Love it)
Graphics........ 9/10 (For wii, they are in top 10, they're just gr8)
Sound........... 10/10 (Non repetitive, scary and some great tracks)
Play length..... 10/10 (Good length, 15 hours first time round, With lots more)
Replayability... 9/10 (Great fun to pick up and play over and over again)
Multiplayer..... 0/10 (None :()

Total 55/70

B+

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Well i got this game of my cousin on holiday, and played it and played it and played it over and over again. it was just so fun, and addicitve, Minigame madness.
the story is your rayman locked away by these rabbids and used as entertainment in tasks (much like gladiators in collusiums), you take part in many minigames, trying to win plungers to make a ladder to get out of your prison cell.
One thing about this game i found was, the main game was fairly short only took me 4 hours or so, but there once you have enough plungers you dont actually have to finish playing but you would just do minigames over and over, even though you can do it in another mode.
The multiplayer of this game is pretty fun, but is mostly just hotseat play, which you can do on any game (just take turns about at singleplayer) so multiplayer is slightly dissapointing but can still lead to good laughs and fun.
The rabbids are really fun and cute and funny, and the music tracks are pretty good. the controls all work great with every game and are all very inventive and fun (the best is the dancing ones), the game has long life, and good mulitplayer, my last point--Bring on number 2

Story........... 6/10 (Fun and good for the game)
Game play..... 9/10 (All controls work great and are fun to use)
Graphics........ 7/10 (cutesy cartoony, bunnys are the best)
Sound........... 7/10 (No iritating music just fun, with some good songs)
Play length..... 5/10 (Fairly short)
Replayability... 7/10 (Fun for picking up and playing, also addictive)
Multiplayer..... 7/10 (Fun and competitive, but its hotseat play)

Total 48/70

C+

Excite Truck

First i traded in two games for this one game, was it worth it?
yeah, (and not just because i got rid of monkeyball and splinter cell).

One thing i noticed though when i popped in the game was the fact that i could not just hop into the action i had to do a few tutorials, Now this normaly annoys me but im kinda glad as this game is no normal racer, No, it has you doing stunts, bashing others, Jumping through hoops, drifting, dodging trees, Jumping, all For some good old stars.
--Each race has you trying to come first while at the same time getting a certain amount of stars, for instance you cannot win by just coming first you have to do some stunts, you get a max of five stars for each stunt depending on how long the last for, Such as how long you are in the air, or how many trees you manage to dodge, once you have enough stars all that matters is getting to the finish before the time runs out, or if you feel you are going to come first anyway, you dont even need to get all the stars as you get a nice hefty sum of 50 stars for coming first. Graphic wise this game on wii is a real stunner in my opinion, the water EFFECTS are not great but the water itself is excelent, so are the cars but some of the pixels look a tad blocky.
--Unlockables, there are a fair few trucks to unlock each with their own stats, and with paint jobs to unlock with them. also you have to get top rankings on each race to unlock a harder mode of the game, and then there are also challenges to do s there is a fair bit of things to keep you going. and with the added multiplayer adds a whole new life to the game. One down side though is no online play but we all knew that anyway.
--Other downsides are, controls take a bit to get used to as they may
seem overly sensitive, to begin with (and it has no sensitivity options),
also the single player mode is rather short, unless you can be bothered doing each race over n over untill you get an S grade in each, to unlock Super excite mode which could possibly add on a long time but, its basically same thing over and over again.

Story........... 3/10 (Well its a racer, get all the sups be the best)
Game play..... 9/10 (very fun simple and fufilling)
Graphics........ 9/10 (Great, some of the best wii ones to date)
Sound........... 10/10 (With the option to play your own throgh Sd)
Play length.... 5/10 (Short, but can also be long)
Replayability... 8/10 (As with all racers the replay value is great)
Multiplayer..... 7/10 (A great attepmt, Just only for 2 players)

Total 51/70

C+

Virtual Console Games

Bomberman 93

My first VC game and now i rarely play it why? you ask.
Heres why, After getting this beliveing it to be the one i loved from the snes, (yes i realised it was on the turbo grafx, i just thought they could have been same game) i found out it was infact a much less superior one with down graded everything, But hey that didnt stop me playing it.
at first me and my friends and family would have the greatest hour or so just sitting there playing multi player, which is awsome, but it can get old, as for single player its just seems to me that the game shouldnt have one, as it lacks depth, story, feeling, and well over all lacks the fun of multiplayer. although single player is quite long, im not sure if thats a good thing or not. What i can tell you about this game though is its great fun in multiplayer, it just get slighlty old eventually.

Story........... 3/10 (As far as stories go i just couldnt spot one)
Game play..... 7/10 (simple controls only few buttons, fun)
Sound........... 3/10 (not as bad as monkey ball but still repetitive)
Play length..... 8/10 (long, but is that good, im not sure)
Replayability... 2/10 (single player, practically none)
Multiplayer..... 9/10 (Great fun, over n over n over again (but no more)

Total 32/60

B-

Wii Game Grades

are based on 7 aspects,

Story
Gameplay
Graphics
Sound
Play length
replayability
Mulitplayer
all out of 10, so each game is ?/70

As all of these in my mind are equally important to making the greatest game, so therefore a a game without mulitplayer WILL lose ten points because it would NOT make it the greatest game

A=60+<-------------->havent played wii until u played this
B=50-59<------------>brilliant game must own
C=40-49<------------>good game i suggest you buy
D=30-39<------------>good game try it see if you like it.
E=20-29<------------>playable but not great, try something else
F=10-19<------------>not worth it unless ure a diehard fan
G=9- or under<------->buy at your own risk- will scar your wii for life

+= on the better end of the grade
-= on the worse end of the grade

Virtual console game Grades

as its hard to grade these on graphics, as they are so rubbish,

so its done on

story
gameplay
sound
play length
replayability
Multiplayer

all out of 10
best being 60

A=50+
B=40-49
C=30-39
D=20-29
E=10-19
F=0-9

Last edited:
yay now the boring "what game should i get threads" won't waste space

iv added my first review i will add new ones now and some more tomorrow until iv done all my Wii games and VC games.

Good idea.

BUT ! Why do you deduct points because its cartoony? Its just a style ( just like metal and pop ) I think the graphics arent as good as say Mario Galaxy or Brawl. I would even add points for being cartoony ;) as there are enough serious sports games out there.

well i think because all the characters in the game are Miis they are well too cartoony it makes the game more fun but the graphics well less good looking it doesnt really match the fairly decent grass and water of the game

Nice Reviews, but Twilight Princess has some of the better Wii Graphics out there right now.

well i admit they are some of the better but compared to the best they are not great, but its hard to decide what the best are i mean i love RE4 graphics but they aint a 10 but they are better than TP in my opinion they probably will be a 8 or 9 /10 when i do its review

i just added smooth moves but im pretty positive someone will disagree

Great Reviews :)
It's good that you value multiplayer and replayability as much as graphics, Wii currently doesn't have many multiplayer games. I was thinking which multiplayer game I should get that will keep me busy until Super Smash Bros, a game with a lot of replayability I guess. Too bad there isn't any such game now.

I wonder which game will get "this will scar your wii for life" :p

Hey nice thread and very nice reviews, but I have to say, you said that the games that got an A- "were very good very enjoyable must buy" and you gave Sonic an A-. Now I'm just dissagreing with your opinion, but I'm sure in saying that Sonic is not a must buy for the wii. I also think zelda should have been a must play for the wii because virtually...it is if you think aobut it. My last complaint is that I think you gave Marvel too high of a score. I know that it is your ratings, but come on, can we get serious, I'm sure less than 15% of wiichat has even played that game, but then again this is me talking. I just like to complain :)

Hey dave may i suggest that your next game you review would be madden 08? I rented it and i'm pretty borderline on some of the controls, it gets mixed reviews all the time. Have you tried it yet?

Nope not tried it yet but im going up to edinburgh soon, (because where i live the rental stores dont rent Wii game) so ill rent a few more wii games,

and If madden 08 is there ill rent that, that is if it's available in uk yet is it? i dunno lol.

im gonna start reviewing my VC games soon aswell as my wii games, Next wii game on the list, Splinter cell double agent, umm not sure what rating ill give it (the hesitation means it aint to great)

oh and i'v lowered sonic to B+ because i agree its not a must buy.

Last edited:
Back