Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

They are to a point. The parrot isn't too bad until night time ,but the dog thats another story.

Its mainly because the dog is smarter than most other enemy AI. You point your gun at him ,and he side steps you ,and starts circle strafing you.

I'll definately pick this up but not right away. Madworld looks to be a similar and far superior game so that's getting my hard earned $$ first.

I wouldn't put Dead Rising ,and Mad World next to each other. Mad World seems to be an over-top version of the old school beat'em ups. On the other hand its hard to describe Dead Rising because you aren't nesscerily beating up things as you can go thru the whole game shooting if you wanted to.

They are to a point. The parrot isn't too bad until night time ,but the dog thats another story.

Its mainly because the dog is smarter than most other enemy AI. You point your gun at him ,and he side steps you ,and starts circle strafing you.
Ive never seen a dog strafe in real life

Ive seen a stray dog once that was kinda zombie like if that counts?

I wouldn't put Dead Rising ,and Mad World next to each other. Mad World seems to be an over-top version of the old school beat'em ups. On the other hand its hard to describe Dead Rising because you aren't nesscerily beating up things as you can go thru the whole game shooting if you wanted to.

True but isn't the whole allure of the game being able to beat up zombies with anything and everything at hand - which is basically the same idea as MadWorld except MadWorld takes it totally over the top with a lot better production values.

True but isn't the whole allure of the game being able to beat up zombies with anything and everything at hand - which is basically the same idea as MadWorld except MadWorld takes it totally over the top with a lot better production values.

Better production values? Than Dead Rising: CTUD maybe, but you couldn't say that for the real Dead Rising.

Better production values? Than Dead Rising: CTUD maybe, but you couldn't say that for the real Dead Rising.

Well this is a Wii forum so we're talking Chop 'til You Drop but IGN is already suggesting MadWorld may be Wii's Game of the Year for '09 so it's quite possibly superior to the original Dead Rising as well. We'll see once reviews and the game itself comes out.

Last edited:

Of course you can. Madworld has better production values than the real Dead Rising. See I just did it! :p

Seriously though, seeing as the original Dead Rising only scored 6.5 for presentation (IGN) it shouldn't be too tough to beat anyway. A lot of the issues that forced a lower score were corrected in CTUD but then it scored lower in the other areas where the original game succeeded. Maybe Dead Rising 2 will actually combine all the good points from both games.

Madworld does look like it has awesome production values though, with stylish graphics, exclusive soundtrack, celebrity commentators, extra minigame challenges, multiplayer modes and ways to kill your opponents unlike any other game (including Dead Rising). Not many games can match up to that, especially on the Wii.

Going by the comments here it does seem that Dead Rising: CTUD may be a bit better than the first impressions led me to believe, but it's still only a rental or a buy when it's at a bargin price.

Of course you can. Madworld has better production values than the real Dead Rising. See I just did it! :p

Seriously though, seeing as the original Dead Rising only scored 6.5 for presentation (IGN) it shouldn't be too tough to beat anyway. A lot of the issues that forced a lower score were corrected in CTUD but then it scored lower in the other areas where the original game succeeded. Maybe Dead Rising 2 will actually combine all the good points from both games.

Madworld does look like it has awesome production values though, with stylish graphics, exclusive soundtrack, celebrity commentators, extra minigame challenges, multiplayer modes and ways to kill your opponents unlike any other game (including Dead Rising). Not many games can match up to that, especially on the Wii.

Going by the comments here it does seem that Dead Rising: CTUD may be a bit better than the first impressions led me to believe, but it's still only a rental or a buy when it's at a bargin price.
Saying CTUD is better than the original?? Yikes.

But still, I say you can't say that because Mad World isn't out (obviously). For all we know it could get a 6.4 in presentation. Still, presentation and a review score isn't everything.

Saying CTUD is better than the original?? Yikes.

But still, I say you can't say that because Mad World isn't out (obviously). For all we know it could get a 6.4 in presentation. Still, presentation and a review score isn't everything.

No, I was saying CTUD seems to have been favorably received by people here while I was expecting to be a horrid mess of a game. It is obviously not as good as the original though despite fixing a few flaws.

It isn't hard to see that Madworld has great presentation though from all the videos and coverage so far. While review scores are not absolute they are a good indication of a games quality and Madworld is likely to score quite a few 9's going by the comments of the reviewers that have played it already.

You can't really go by previews. All previews are meant to be positive, or else a preview wouldn't be shown.

You can't really go by previews. All previews are meant to be positive, or else a preview wouldn't be shown.

Very true, but they are being positive about Madworld outside of the official previews, with a lot of GOTY talk going around already. Sites like IGN don't give a game a months worth of coverage unless it is going to be something special either.

I will finnaly end the game and I say it's fine not great but fine, of course the developers watered down this port, Capcom maked better ports for Wii in the past. I compared the video with the xbox360 version and the graphics doesn't look bad, but they must did a better job. I hope Capcom will release RE5, Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2 and Street Fighter IV for Wii next year if this game sell well. Come on Wii owners support this game to better AAA games come from Capcom in the future!!

I will finnaly end the game and I say it's fine not great but fine, of course the developers watered down this port, Capcom maked better ports for Wii in the past. I compared the video with the xbox360 version and the graphics doesn't look bad, but they must did a better job. I hope Capcom will release RE5, Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2 and Street Fighter IV for Wii next year if this game sell well. Come on Wii owners support this game to better AAA games come from Capcom in the future!!

I think Wii will see Street Fighter IV and Dead Rising 2 but probably not RE5.

Back