Dependability of the Wii?

TRDTaco

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2009
Greetings all,
After browsing around the inet, this appeared to be the wii forum that i liked the most. When it comes to next gen gaming, I started with a 360 and loved it for quite some time but after I went through 5 of them (all rrod victims), I decided I had enough and went to PS3 but it only took two of those for me to realize that this wasnt rly what I wanted either (they both kept freezing and the second one stopped reading discs.) I thought I was done with gaming for a while but a friend is selling her Wii and the price is rly hard to turn down. If I rly wanted to, I could buy it and resell it for much more but if I buy it, I do plan to keep it. Shes had it since October of last year with no problems whatsoever so far but Im wondering how dependable are Wiis? Do they have any "light of death" issues like the rrod or ylod? Any freezing issues? (Thats the most annoying thing.) Or anything of the like or are they fairly dependable? (I understand no piece of technology is going to last forever and be problem free.) Ive had every Nintendo console since the beginning (except the gamecube) and they all still work just like the day I bought them. Im rly not a hardcore gamer and to be honest, I mostly just play games in the evenings to relax and get my mind off of things. All tips would greatly be appreciated guys and gals and look forward to playing with some of you if I buy. One game I'll definitely get is cod:waw because that game straight up rocks :thumbsup:

the only problem is that when you play games there are random teddy bears.
you must mod your wii to avoid the teddys.

lol at gidgets' post but in all honesty, thank you two for the replies so far.

The Wii has proven to be very reliable. And actually the PS3 is pretty reliable too, I'm surprised you had so many problems.

only had my Wii six months but no problems so far,build quality is very good and overall i am very happy with the Wii.

Cod WAW is great, i agree :)

thanks again for the replies. luckily today being an off day, I picked up the Wii this morning and so far I couldnt be happier with it :thumbsup: I rly wish I would have just bought this at the beginning and saved all of that money because Id have a nice collection of games by now. As for the PS3, I guess I just had rly bad luck on them. I was a member on the official sony forum and it seemed like most of them broke right outside of the year warranty but I did run across a few isolated issues like mine that involved practically brand new systems :( Im loving the Wii so far though, later on today Im going to take the unwanted games to gamestop and pick up cod:waw and resident evil 4 :D

Glad your enjoying it,very good choice of games so far,resident evil 4 is right up there!
Metroid prime 3 is also very good,im loving it,

Welcome to Wii Chat :)

Unlike other video game consoles ,the Wii is proven to be an effective therapy tool.

Sincerely,
SAIFUL AZIM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find out why patients are addicted to Nintendo Wii at http://www.wiiwantmore.com
For pleasure reading, please use IE 6 and above.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only thing I'm aware of it sometimes the laser disc reader doesn't work with dual layered discs for some people. But it's not a real problem unless you get a game like brawl. And even then, Ninty will take it back and replace it.

The Wii is solid. Nintendo always keeps in mind that their consumers consist primarily of, but not restricted to, adolescents who are going to be very rough with the hardware either deliberately or through the occasional accident.

I've owned every Nintendo product since the NES with the exception of the Virtual Boy and Gameboy Micro. They are all SUPER durable and have withstood my own occasional bone-headed accidents.

I've had the Wii since launch and have had 0 problems in any capacity, so I say go for it!

Back