Do i update wii, its chipped!

ReZap

WiiChat Member
Oct 31, 2007
hi guys,

have had wii chipped and am getting games to try before i buy, but the wii wants to update but says if its been modified it could not work, so i decided against the latest update.
i have a copy of metroid prime but when i put in disc it wont play but just wants to update, will i "brick" the wii with these updates.

cheers.

There have been many reports of modded Wii consoles becoming "bricked" if they performed a system update, so I think that it is very likely that the console will not work afterwards.

THAT MUST SUCK!!!!
and oh...cant u just burn a Metroid...perhaps without the update?
and why did u buy it? Its modded...

People usually mod to save money.
The best thingy to mod is the DS and PSP. They cant be bricked :p

the update will not brick your wii its 100% safe. as long as the metroid disc is of your own region. the nintendo threat is a nothing more than writing on screen and will not effect your wii in any way.

and people who keep saying that its your fault for modding. you all are forgeting that modchips do more than play copies as i have my wii modded and its a great way to play all my imported gamecube games. i dont have one copied game.

:yikes: well, some great replies there.............still not sure if to update it to play Metroid.......

and to you manufan15... thats a typical comment from a sad "man u fan? " anything man u just stinks of cheating and smugness....i hate man u...up the chelsea blues.............

anyway back to the wii....................mmmmmm

it dosnt matter what mod chip you have installed the wiiupdate will not brick your wii if its of your own region. there is no where nintendo can tell if you have a modchip apart from going to every bodys house in the world and opening there wii's and looking inside.

tomqman said:
it dosnt matter what mod chip you have installed the wiiupdate will not brick your wii if its of your own region. there is no where nintendo can tell if you have a modchip apart from going to every bodys house in the world and opening there wii's and looking inside.

There's code on the Super Mario Galaxy disc that detects modchips and will not play. However I believe that some mod chips have updates to get around new detection scheme, but it does show that there are ways to detect them.

good point. wiikey and cyclowiz work on super mario galaxy now and so do d2c mod chips i belive. but i think its the game that caused the problem but both modchip teams fixed it really quickly

Last edited:
ReZap said:
:yikes: well, some great replies there.............still not sure if to update it to play Metroid.......

and to you manufan15... thats a typical comment from a sad "man u fan? " anything man u just stinks of cheating and smugness....i hate man u...up the chelsea blues.............

I modded my kids wii with a wiikey chip 2 weeks ago and the next day I updated the firmware. I got that warning from Nintendo but nothing happened after updating. I did almost damage the unit while installing the chip because I had not soldered in years and the points are too close together. Beware of potential damage.

ReZap said:

Wow. You're just trying to comfort yourself because you know Manu's better than Chelsea. I'm suprised that you related the wii to manu in the first place... it only shows that you're ignorent.

But I can do it too. I thought Chelsea fans had more class than blaming a quality team on cheating. It sounds like we're going back to the second grade here isn't it?

Update It!! Nothing Is Going To Happen!! Mine Is Updated And It's Modded With The Wii Key.

Also Mario Galaxy Works Perfectly Just Update The Wii Key With Their Patch.

Venom

Back