Eiji Aonuma - Ganondorf and Sheik in SSBB

Secumfex

Ninja? I'm a Pirate! Yarr
Jan 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
6205-5687-4726-5914
Gameinformer had a little Interview with Eiji Aonuma concerning Zelda Phantom Hourglass. But in the end, they even got some information the Super Smash Bros Brawl.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm
This is the Interview, but only the last part should be interesting for us, as it says there:
GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

So this pretty much confirms Ganondorf aswell as Sheik to be in SSBB.
If you ask me it seems to be a bit weird when you take in mind that the Zelda in SSBB is based on the Twilight Princess Zelda.

Back