The SSBB History Lesson (see first post)

Hm, I suppose if that's how you're classifying different parts of the stage then you could be right...really makes you wonder how big this stage actually is though o_O

balrogs.pa said:
Try to do one about MGS considering its vast history. it shouldnt be too rough of a challenge for someone like you ^.-
Yeah, I've never played any MGS games, so hearing the original song(s?) would make me appreciate the new one a lot more. ^_^

balrogs.pa said:
Try to do one about MGS considering its vast history. it shouldnt be too rough of a challenge for someone like you ^.-

Yeah I'm considering doing an article on MGS.. Unfortunately, I've only completed the first game on the Playstation so I have a bit of research to do in order to catch myself up.

S.S. said:
Yeah, I've never played any MGS games, so hearing the original song(s?) would make me appreciate the new one a lot more. ^_^

I recognize a few themes from the first few games.. so I'll see what I can do about finding the rest.

Wow! You certainly are doing a boat-load of research! I really appreciate it! (and I'm sure many others do) It's really sort of what I should be doing with my school work. ^^; Thinking about it makes me nervous. Haha...

But reading about Kid Icarus totally helped me understand Pit's history! I love it!

I don't even know what game Ike is from (yes, Fire Emblem, but which one?) so if you do one on him, I'm gonna be like--right on it. >.0 I'm mean right on it. <3

Great job! (sorry I'm new, so... I don't know how to... "rep"?)

Minako said:
Wow! You certainly are doing a boat-load of research! I really appreciate it! (and I'm sure many others do) It's really sort of what I should be doing with my school work. ^^; Thinking about it makes me nervous. Haha...

But reading about Kid Icarus totally helped me understand Pit's history! I love it!

I don't even know what game Ike is from (yes, Fire Emblem, but which one?) so if you do one on him, I'm gonna be like--right on it. >.0 I'm mean right on it. <3

Great job! (sorry I'm new, so... I don't know how to... "rep"?)
that green lil mushroom. thats how to rep

--Knuckle Joe

NameCard.png

Knuckle Joe made his video game debut in Kirby Super Star, originally released on March 21, 1996. As described previously, Kirby Super Star is a compilation of 5 main storylines and 4 smaller subgames that feature everyone's favorite pink hero. Players must learn to master Kirby's abilities of inhaling enemies and copying powers in order to accomplish the objectives of each game.

SuperStar.png
Superstar%20Title.png

Among the variety of enemies at Kirby's digestive disposal, Knuckle Joe is perhaps one of the more powerful minor characters to emerge from the SNES title. In Super Star, Knuckle Joe appears in two forms. Prior to being eaten, Knuckle Joe as an "enemy" appears in a red outfit with purple hair. However, after being eaten and reincarnated as a "helper", Knuckle Joe appears in his more recognizable blue outfit with yellow hair.

BadKJ.png
GoodKJ.png

Although Knuckle Joe hasn't appeared in many follow-up titles in the Kirby franchise, he became a fan-favorite in the cartoon series, Kirby: Right Back at Ya! In this series, Knuckle Joe is portrayed as a rude, impatient individual who first arrives in Dream Land to avenge his father's death. At first, he is fooled by King Dedede into thinking Kirby is responsible, but after encountering and fighting Kirby, he soon realizes he is after the wrong person and decides to change his ways. Knuckle Joe decides to help Kirby in destroying the evil that is taking over Dream Land.

Kirbygroupsmall.jpg

Knuckle Joe's contribution to Brawl stem from his attacks in Kirby Super Star. These attacks (Vulcan Jab, Smash Punch, and Rising Break) are the same abilities that are copied by Kirby after inhaling Knuckle Joe and turning into Fighter Kirby. Though I was able to catch Knuckle Joe performing two of these attacks, I was unable to successfully capture him unleashing his rising break. As a result, I will be using a photo of Kirby performing the same move in its place. Each move varies slightly between its SNES and Wii versions, but the names of attack remains the same:

Vulcan Jab

KJ1.jpg
KJVulcanJab.png

Smash Punch

KJ2.jpg
KJSmashPunch.png

Rising Break (Performed by Kirby)

KJ3.jpg
KirbyRisingBreak.png

References:
http://www.wikipedia.org
http://www.gamefaqs.com

Whoah, I totally didn't see the Knuckle Joe update until you bumped this! Thanks nai! ^_^

man, this was a really fun thread to read, cause i didnt know half the things nice job

--Excitebike

Namecard.png

Excitebike was the first game in Nintendo's Excite series, and was released for the NES on November 30, 1984. The game consists of three modes: Selection A, Selection B, and Design. Selection A allowed the player to race solo, and winning the race was dependent on finishing the course under a certain time. Selection B put the player against computers, adding a competitive feel to the game. Racers could deter each other's progress by running into each other and causing their opponents to fall over. However, like Selection A, winning the race was still dependent on your completion time. Design Mode, like the title suggests, allowed the player to create their own courses.

ExcitebikeCover.jpg
ExcitebikeTitle.png

Excitebike wasn't exactly a "classic" title, but Nintendo would go on to produce two more titles in the Excite series: Excitebike 64 for the N64, and ExciteTruck for the Wii. The original Excitebike even went on to appear as an unlockable item in Animal Crossing and as a microgame in WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$!.

ExciteBike64.jpg
ExciteTruck.jpg

Excitebike's appearance in Brawl pays homage to the NES game that started it all. Racers appeared in 3 colors. In Excitebike, the player controls the red/white racer, while the computer would control racers wearing purple and blue. In Brawl, all three racer types appear together to run down the enemy.

Excitebike2.png
Excite1.jpg

References:
http://www.ign.com

Last edited:
naisatoh said:
--Excitebike

Namecard.png

Excitebike was the first game in Nintendo's Excite series, and was released for the NES on November 30, 1984. The game consists of three modes: Selection A, Selection B, and Design. Selection A allowed the player to race solo, and winning the race was dependent on finishing the course under a certain time. Selection B put the player against computers, adding a competitive feel to the game. Racers could deter each other's progress by running into each other and causing their opponents to fall over. However, like Selection A, winning the race was still dependent on your completion time. Design Mode, like the title suggests, allowed the player to create their own courses.

ExcitebikeCover.jpg
ExcitebikeTitle.png

Excitebike wasn't exactly a "classic" title, but Nintendo would go on to produce two more titles in the Excite series: Excitebike 64 for the N64, and ExciteTruck for the Wii. The original Excitebike even went on to appear as an unlockable item in Animal Crossing and as a microgame in WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$!.

ExciteBike64.jpg
ExciteTruck.jpg

Excitebike's appearance in Brawl pays homage to the NES game that started it all. Racers appeared in 3 colors. In Excitebike, the player controls the red/white racer, while the computer would control racers wearing purple and blue. In Brawl, all three racer types appear together to run down the enemy.

Excitebike2.png
Excite1.jpg

References:
http://www.ign.com

great info

Back