The SSBB History Lesson (see first post)

bw! said:
you get mcdonalds for working so hard
Please Stop.. it's very annoying..

Double Music Update:

--Pokemon: Pokemon Stadium/Evolution

[media]http://filer.case.edu/vhc/SSBB%20History/Music/Pokemon-%20Pokemon%20Stadium-Evolution.mp3[/media]

Although this song is featured in Pokemon Stadium for the N64, its origins reach way back to the beginning of the series. For this reason, I have uploaded the original Gym theme heard in Pokemon Red/Blue for the Game Boy.

[media]http://filer.case.edu/vhc/SSBB%20History/Music/Pokemon%20Gym.mp3[/media]

At the end of sample, we are treated to an updated version of the Evolution theme, first heard in the original Game Boy game.

[media]http://filer.case.edu/vhc/SSBB%20History/Music/Evolution.mp3[/media]

Last edited:
Triple Music Update:

--Menu 1: Super Smash Bros. Melee

[media]http://filer.case.edu/vhc/SSBB%20History/Music/SSBB%20Menu%201.mp3[/media]

Anyone who has ever played Super Smash Bros. Melee should recognize this tune, as it is making its return for not only the Menu Screen, but also for the Battlefield Stage. For those of you who don't remember, or have never played Melee, the original song goes a little bit like this:

[media]http://filer.case.edu/vhc/SSBB%20History/Music/Melee%20Menu.mp3[/media]

S.S. said:
Brilliant thanks man! Where are you finding all of these original tunes?

Most of these songs are from my personal collection. Others are a result of scrounging through the internet until I come across something that I can use.. It's a very time consuming process, and I hope this thread gets some attention.

Wow. I can honestly say I have never liked game music. Until now. Sometimes I even ignored the music updates on the Smash Bros. website.

I love how you can pick up on things that are familiar to you while listening to the music. It's really great.

I'm so glad I stumbled into this thread.

Thanks again.

okay im gonna do what s.s. said, im gonna change

naisotoh thanks for making this thread and working so hard :wink:

and s.s. even if you say bad things to me im still gonna be your friend

signs035.gif

no spam please

Now that I've gotten used to writing these articles, I have decided to go back and edit some of my earlier posts. Pit's article has now been updated with an extended history and an explanation of his Special Moves. Enjoy!

--Pit

NameCard.png

History

Pit made his first appearance in Kid Icarus for the NES on December 18, 1986, as a young angel called upon to rescue the goddess Palutena and save Angel Land from the evil Medusa. His story begins when Medusa invades the Sky Palace with her army of demons and monsters, taking control of Angel Land and imprisoning Palutena within her own palace. With her last ounce of energy, Palutena sends Pit a magic bow, making him Angel Land's last hope for rescue. Pit must battle his way out of the Underworld, travel through the Overworld, and climb up into the Sky World in order confront and defeat Medusa.

Kid%20Icaris%20Box.jpg
Kid%20Icarus.gif

Although Kid Icarus is regarded as one of the most significant games of all time, its sequel, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters for the Gameboy was not a commercial success. Unfortunately, it was last title that Pit would star in, though we would continue to make cameo appearance in games like Tetris and WarioWare: Twisted for the Gameboy Advance. His appearance in Brawl would rekindle hopes for a new Kid Icarus title for the Wii.

MythandMonsters.jpg
WarioWare%20Twisted.jpg

Special Moves

At the end of each world, Pit must find his way through a labyrinth in order to defeat a monster guarding one of three Sacred Treasures (the Mirror Shield, the Arrow of Light, and the Wings of Pegasus). It is from these treasures that Pit derives his Special Move set, though they have been renamed for Brawl.

LightArrow.gif
PegasusWings.gif
MirrorShield.gif

The Light Arrow has been changed to the Palutena Arrow, while the Wings of Pegasus have been renamed the Wings of Icarus. In Kid Icarus, Pit could only use these treasures in the final stage. In Brawl, however, these weapons make up his standard arsenal. Please note that the final Sacred Treasure, the Mirror Shield, has not been confirmed for Brawl. Since other characters have the ability to reflect projectiles (Fox's Reflector), I am confident the Mirror Shield will make an appearance.

PalutenaArrow.jpg
Wings.jpg

Palutena's Army

As he travels through each labyrinth, Pit will occasionally come across Centurions that have been turned to stone by Medusa's evil stare. Pit can release them by using special mallets that are obtained by destroying certain enemies or by purchasing them from local shops. These freed Centurions will help you in battle by firing arrows at the dungeon's guardian.

Kid%20Icarus%201.gif
Kid%20Icarus%202.gif

However, these Centurions are very weak as one hit by the monster will quickly knock them out. Moreover, only three Centurions can aid you at a time. Therefore, it is important for Pit to save as many of them as possible to help him complete the each stage.

Palutena%20Army2.jpg
Palutena%20Army3.jpg

Just like in the original game, the Centurions in Brawl are weak and one hit will take them out of battle. However, instead of only three Centurions coming to your aid, you can expect an entire army of Centurions lending a hand. Hopefully, strength in numbers will counteract their lack of defensive strategy. Not to mention.. when you're only means of travel are wings that come out of your helmet, you can't expect to get very far.

Last edited:
A couple a changes are being made to each of the articles. While each article is being updated to contain more information, perhaps the most obvious change is the addition of name cards at the beginning of each character profile that provides a short summary of the character's history. For example:

NameCard.png

Ooh, I like the name cards ^_^

You're really gettin into this aren't you? Any chance we could see some stages now?

Back