Evolution: Are you being brainwashed?

where did the first universe come from then? was there always one that just turns into others in your theory?

Tell me exactly where science and religion are opposed. Mostly ethics are the main dispute.

Last edited:
Brawny said:
where did the first universe come from then? was there always one that just turns into others in your theory?
Well, yes. Also, there's the theory of the multiverse. Also, what is this preconcieved idea that there has to be something before? Why is it that we assume that before "everything" there had to be nothing? It is assumed in Christian mythology with God "creating" the world and the like. If aetheists don't believe in God, surely it's possilbe that they do not think there was "nothing" before "something".

Besides, I kinda believe time's circular, which means there was no "beginning". However this is improvable, since we are subjects of time, within time and can only measure linear time to an extent:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/relativ/airtim.html said:
Gravitational Time Shifts
For small changes in gravitational field associated with changes in altitude above the earth, the approximate time dilation expression is
hk1.gif

if a comparison is made between a clock on the Earth's surface (TE) and one at height h above the surface (T). Hafele and Keating predicted a time difference of 144 ns on an eastward flight around the world for which the flight time was 41.2 hours. This corresponds to an average height of 8900 m, a reasonable flight altitude for a commercial airline. The time shift is positive (aging faster) for both eastward and westward flights. The predicted value of 179 ns for the westward flight of 48.6 hours duration corresponds to an average altitude of about 9400 meters.

If the big crunch did actually happen, the gravitational mass would be absolutely massive. Possibly massive enough to bend time itself...

But that's just a theory anyway...

...anyway, this thread has eaten up my time tonight, so don't be suprised if I don't bother to come back for round 3 (or is it round 4) anytime soon. ;)

Last edited:
The Human mind does not have the ability to understand the universe

it is simply not designed for that purpose and therefore can do nothing but endlessly ponder something that it can never or will ever be able to understand

Love All Serve All
Be Happy
You Are All Sat-Chit-Ananda :yesnod:

Even if you don't come back I will still say this:
Squall7 said:
Well, yes. Also, there's the theory of the multiverse. Also, what is this preconcieved idea that there has to be something before? Why is it that we assume that before "everything" there had to be nothing? It is assumed in Christian mythology with God "creating" the world and the like. If aetheists don't believe in God, surely it's possilbe that they do not think there was "nothing" before "something".

Besides, I kinda believe time's circular, which means there was no "beginning". However this is improvable, since we are subjects of time, within time and can only measure linear time to an extent:

Okay first paragraph: I always thought that you and Aetheists thought that there was nothing. Christians do believe there always something there, God. I'd appreciate it if you didn't say mythology too.

Next, how can you say that your idea of time being circular is improvable and you just brush it off. But your whole offense on Christianity and Intelligent Design is that it isn't provable.

God isn't provable or disprovable, however there is no real reason for me to believe that we are the center of attention here in this vast universe because we have a consciousness about ourselves and where we live. It seems highly improbable that this whole entire universe was made for us more or less. That in its great and vast distance that all that matters is that we follow some laws laid out by a hateful and misogynistic god so that we may go to a better place someday.
I suppose it just seems a little silly to me, the whole Heaven and Hell concept considering the way the universe is. Heaven and Hell are such human concepts in that we feel the need to have a good and bad, black and white, etc..

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
Evolution obviously exists. If we humans were evolved from another species no one knows but in my mind it is definetly more believable than creationism. But this is coming from an athiest. Most of the people on here probably believe in creationism but I believe that if you actually thought for yourselves instead of just assuming what your parents or whoever tells you is true there would be more athiests than thiests. Thats just my opinion though and I think for myself rather than having other people do it for me which would be obvious if you knew me since I'm an athiest in Utah and my entire family and 98% of the people that live near me are mormon.

Ok, I'm going to go off of you because we seem to have a lot more in common. Evolution absolutly exists no doubt about it. I do not believe in creationism but I do not believe I am an athiest either. Here is why: I do not believe in God (due to many different reasons, some being too many unanswered questions and I have never been convinced otherwise) and I am not a member of any religion. I do not believe in religion nor do I want to be a part of any religion. Classifying me as an "athiest" is classifying me under a religion, the religion of having no religion. Therefore, classifying me as an athiest means that, though I might not believe in religion or god, that person is putting me under the same category as all other religions and that is not what I am. The only reason we have atheisim is because religious people need to put you in some sort of category so that they know what you are not, one of them. Why I chose you to be in the spot light is what you said about mormons. Lets just say that mormons are the reason I don't believe in God and I am all about evolution. My boyfriend is from a Mormon family......I am really not going to get into it but their religion is freaking f'ed up. If anyone wants to know more about them, find out for yourself. Ok, now that that is done with and explained, I will move onto evolution vs. god:

there is only one reason why god and evolution don't mix. if you look at evolution from a scientific point of view it is completely logical how evolution works. By the way, evolution is not survival of the fittest, that is called natural selection. But the only reason why religion/god and evolution do not co-exist is the underlining question of beyond the big bang. No one can explain how the big bang happend because as far as we as a human race can comprehend, the big bang spawned out of "nothing". The reason why god "makes sence" in a scientific understanding of the big bang is because no one can answer this question. It is easier to believe that some being larger than ourselves in mind and spirit called "god" just suddenly created the big bang which lead to the universe and everything in it than it is to ponder how something came of "nothing". God is our answer to the unanswerable. We can never know what is beyond the big bang because...and I am sorry to say this...that as intellegent as we are, our brains cannot comprehend something on a scale that large, infinity that is. We cannot wrap our brains around infinity because it is beyond us. I will give you an example....dreams. It has been scientifically proven that the mind CANNOT create NEW images. The mind can only show what it has seen before, no mind has the capability to produce images it has never seen before. Therefore, the reason we cannot comprehend infinity is because our brains cannot think any further than what we already know.

kk, the first part about mormonism is very true. They call themselves Christians but are rejected by the Christian community.

Second, I would probably call you an agnostic, talk to kelso as she is pretty firm in her beliefs in this as well.

@Squall7
If you were reading, that isn't where I got my information...
That is just a source I thought you would like to read.
So getting my creationist evidence from a creationist website is wrong? Next time I'll look on a website that supports evolution for creationist data...

Getting from that, it facinates me that we don't understand anything. Like we can only understand what we experience. For example: we don't understand no start because we ourselves started out as life not to long ago. This is why I beleive in god, is because with evoultion, there is no purpose and it's better off if we were dead. We will make no difference not now, not ever. Eventually we die, and we only affect or next generation and possible many to come, but if there is no life, there is no memory, which ends with well, nothing...
I have a purpose, and a non-purposeful life just seems, well, boring...
I just felt like saying that ^_^
I'm too tired to argue now, its 10:41 and I'm tired :)

coolsmile said:
@Squall7
So getting my creationist evidence from a creationist website is wrong? Next time I'll look on a website that supports evolution for creationist data...

Getting from that, it facinates me that we don't understand anything. Like we can only understand what we experience. For example: we don't understand no start because we ourselves started out as life not to long ago. This is why I beleive in god, is because with evoultion, there is no purpose and it's better off if we were dead. We will make no difference not now, not ever. Eventually we die, and we only affect or next generation and possible many to come, but if there is no life, there is no memory, which ends with well, nothing...
Very well put. :thumbsup:

coolsmile said:
@Squall7

What you have to understand is that you make your life what you want it to be. It isn't purposeless if there isn't a benevolent sky daddy. Take me for example, just because I don't believe in a governing force over humanity and the cosmos doesn't meant that I can't enjoy life. Just because I believe we die and that is it doesn't mean that I can't be content. Music, for me, is far more spiritual a thing than God or Jesus can bring my life.
The way my music makes me feel is hard to put into words and what makes it all the more splendid is that we, us mere humans can create such a thing. It is gloriously prideful and that is all I need.

n3gative3 said:
What you have to understand is that you make your life what you want it to be. It isn't purposeless if there isn't a benevolent sky daddy. Take me for example, just because I don't believe in a governing force over humanity and the cosmos doesn't meant that I can't enjoy life. Just because I believe we die and that is it doesn't mean that I can't be content. Music, for me, is far more spiritual a thing than God or Jesus can bring my life.
The way my music makes me feel is hard to put into words and what makes it all the more splendid is that we, us mere humans can create such a thing. It is gloriously prideful and that is all I need.
I'm going to have to disagree. Have you ever looked at what jesus has brought into your life?
This is off topic though :hand:
Maybe I'll start another named "Does god exist?" :cornut:

evilprofessorzog said:
Evolution is false. The world was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was him that created all the so called scientific evidence, just to trick us.
If you don't believe me, look here:
http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

HAHAHAHAHAH...oh come on that has to be a joke......

One girl decided never to talk to me because I didn't believe that when the end of the world happens, it won't be blood in water and frogs from the sky...but giant praying mantisis will eat all the bad people alive.

One other girl wouldn't talk to me because she was convinced that the dinosaurs never happend because we have no proof that they ever existed. I told her, "look kid, we have more proof that dinosaurs existed than we have proof that god ever did or does or that the bible is even real."

coolsmile said:
I'm going to have to disagree. Have you ever looked at what jesus has brought into your life?
This is off topic though :hand:
Maybe I'll start another named "Does god exist?" :cornut:

Oh really, and how do you have any shred of evidence that Jesus has made my life any better than I have? The problem I have is when people resort to saying "I am dust before you." Like they are worthless. It is pitiful. Jesus has had as much to do with my life as the Easter Bunny, Wotan, Mithra, and Kevin Arnold from the Wonder Years.

And what if I kept trying to convince you that Mithra kept having a hand in your life. Would you believe me? No, you wouldn't. And the knowledge that whole Jesus myth so closely resembles earlier myths like Mithra on so many levels probably wouldn't mean squat to you. Virgin birth? Check. Resurrection? Check.

Last edited:
I told her, "look kid, we have more proof that dinosaurs existed than we have proof that god ever did or does or that the bible is even real."

Look Son :hand:

Have you ever looked at a Flower ?

Back